Status
Not open for further replies.

ClarkDart70

Street Machines Limited
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I have a set of straight 1970 Dart bumpers that would make a great set of cores for a rechrome.
The front is in good shape and would be good for a driver car. The chrome is not pitted or peeling, but is faded.
The rear did have some peeling, but is straight.

Here's the back ground on these; I was going to have these blasted and powder coated at the local shop, but have since decided to buy a new set of repops. The rear one, where it was peeling, has been sanded down smooth with a DA sander again with the intent of having them blasted and powder coated. The front one has not been sanded or powder coated.

I am asking $50 for both. I can ship, but I will need to wait until my repops arrive to reuse the packaging and boxes. Buyer pays shipping if wanted. I'd perfer local pick up if at all possible in Plainfield Indiana.

If you are interested... I could have these blasted for you and powder coated as I get a rather substantial discount locally. The price to have both blasted and dual stage powder coated chrome and clear was $90 for the set (this looks more like a satin aluminum than chrome). A gloss black or satin black would be much less. I can use my discount if you are interested in having them done. However, the buyer needs to pay up front and I will not be held responsible for your satisfaction of the finished product, but I can say the guy does good work and I have used him for everything on my Dart resto up to this point.
Again, the front is good as is for a driver and the rear has some sanding done to level out the peeling chrome. I can email pics upon request.

Thanks,
Clark

Hi Clark,
Do you happen to have any pics? I too have a 70 Swinger and want to go the repop route for bumpers but I do want factory spares. My concerns are on the front bumper the most. are there jack notches or bumperettes on the bumpers? In addition as I have three spare front bumpers with the same two issues, does the front bumper have that 'slight 'droop' so it kind of looks like the car has a slight smile and are there dents from the back side where the bumper mounts are? Thats about it. Please drop me a line or two via the thread or PM. Thanks again.
Chas.

Attachments

• new car pics 015.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 150
Those are pretty specific questions :)
I'll have to look at them tomorrow as I am at work tonight (yeah I'm working right now actually). They do not have bumperettes on them. I don't recall jack notches and I don't seem to recall seeing any dents where it mounts either. Its been off of the car since September, but I can blow the dust off of it tomorrow and email some pics to you. If you just want to the front thats fine with me... I honestly just want them to go to someone who wants or needs them. The rear appears to be a repop which explains the premature peeling of the chrome. If you PM me your email adress, I'll get those pics out to you tomorrow.

Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back