'70 dart cigar lighter socket

-

65-440

Reaction score
Ok, my car is missing the cigar lighter. Can't seem to find one in the resto books. Went to local parts stores today to see what available. My question is, right behind my ashtray is 2, 2 wire connectors. Is one of these for the lighter ? All of the lighter sockets i found have one prong, and a stud out back ....is there a plug and play socket around ???

Lighter wells and their connections are typical to many makes and models. Your wiring harness may or may not have the 90 degree insulated female hot connector for the center post. Factory would sometimes add a male spade adapter on that post attached with a nut. Then a 2 wire connector would slide onto both hot and ground. Hot Wire is pink if that helps.

I have good original correct single prong lighter sockets here PM me if you still need one

Just replaced the one on the kids dart with one from autozone or advance. Like $5-6. It had the one red/pink 90* end wire (hot) hanging behind the ashtray, believe it grounds on ashtray. All I know is it works now.

-
Back