70 Dart emblem on trunk lid???

-

KramerSwinger70

70 Dart Swinger360
Reaction score
hey i hav a 70 dart swinger. i recently aquired my last, or i think my last, decal. on my trunk lid, however, i have an identical "dodge" emblem as the hood emblem. ive seen a picture of another dart swiunger(unknown year) and the lid has identical "Dart" and "swinger" emblems, not "Dodge". Is this "dodge" emblem incorrect? i dont have any other holes for dart swinger emblems on the lid. But if this is incorrect ill have to ad it to my Stuff to do list.

also, ivce seen another 70 dart swuinger with the "Dodge" emblem on the lid. this added to my confusion....maybe jus 70's had it there??

Thanks!

Hey Bud, You have what I have. Its not a 70 Swinger 340, just a 70 Swinger. There are a total of 7 emblems on these cars. On the lower dog leg of the right front fender is where the pentastar emblem goes. On each side of the quarter panels below the rear side windows are Swinger emblems with the yellow flower in cursive and DART emblems in boxed lettering. On the front edge of the hood in the center is a Dodge emblem that is in cursive. The same emblem is also on the trunk lid and is on the right side of the trunk just above the edge near the right tail light. It looks exactly like the hood emblem but there is a different part number for each. The emblem on the hood has four mounting studs with quick screws. The emblem on the trunk has only two studs with quick screws. If your hood and trunk lid does not have holes in them you can find the location to drill by looking under the front edge of the center of the hood for the clearance in the underside framing for access to where the nuts would be. Same goes for the trunk lid. There are two of these areas on the inside lower right of the trunk lid where the screws would be. Check out the pics. Is this what you have? Herbs parts sells these new for 35 bucks each but they are stick on with no mounting studs so you do not have to drill into your car if you dont want to and still be able to get the stock look. I am in search for nice oem dodge emblems for my car too. Good luck!!
Chas.

a body stuff for FABO 014.JPG

017.JPG

-
Back