70 dart R/T???

-

71340swinger

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have a question for you. I know I am new here so my credibility is none. But I was driving threw a town in Montana on Friday and found something that I here was not made. So I was driving down a back road and I saw a yellow dart in a field with a few other cars. As i am a car fan I pull over and walk out to the cars. I look at this dart and it has a factory looking R/T emblem right next to the dodge script on the trunk. I thought it was cool someone put it there. Then i notice that it has the 150 MPH speedo. So I squeeze between the other car and this one. There is a R/T emblem on the 1/4 right next to the dodge emblem. I notice it is a 4spd car also. I work my way to the front and look at the fender tag. Now mind you. This car is rusty and has been sitting for a LONG time with no one caring about it. There is no engine/trans/rear end. There is a K-frame and front wheels, The body is semi rusty and has dents. The pass 1/4 is thrashed. But this is what I read.
From the top down.
F SERIES PROTOTYPE,END,H51,M43,N41,N42,RLL,V5X,EK2,B51,C16,C55,
F11,G31,EK2,HX69,TX9,801,M04116,E63,D21,LS23,N0R,100031

The engine compartment is orange and you can see orange under the fading yellow. There is rust coming threw the paint in the engine compartment. I am not sure if the car could be fixed. If I make it back there in the next little wile. I will get pics. But I was allways told that they never made a dart R/T. Did I find something pretty rare? I don't know what the numbers on the tag mean but my friend told me to write them down as I was standing next to it. Plus the Prototype cought my attention. Thanks, Rick

i thought i saw on this site a decoder for the numbers if its some type of protopipe i mean prototype test car you should buy it a ap if yoy have the cash wouldnt offer to much unless you got fu money good luck:happy10:

The "N" indicates a 383 engine, if that is a real car you have found something!!

Hi, Looked at ur tag and noticed it said F-Series. My guess is that you are looking at a Dodge Aspen. Just bought a 77 Dodge Aspen. Volare and Aspen are called F-Bodies. Dodge did put out an Aspen R/T. The VIN for Aspens starts with an N. Hope this helps.

Hi, Looked at ur tag and noticed it said F-Series. My guess is that you are looking at a Dodge Aspen. Just bought a 77 Dodge Aspen. Volare and Aspen are called F-Bodies. Dodge did put out an Aspen R/T. Hope this helps.

Yes, F-body is correct for the Volare & Aspen, But the VIN #LS23 is for a 1970 Dart. Yes they did make an Aspen R/T, maybe 1976-1977? Very cool car but they are all rotted away up in MN.

Oh ok. Didn't read the Vin Starting Sequence. Just saw the F-Series. Me bad. Just bought the 77 Aspen yesterday and was looking up stuff on it last night(and now). That would be cool to have a 70 R/T prototype dart!

We may believe you when you get a few more post's under your belt........

Just kidding....this is very interesting, and I hope you post some druel pics...............oh yeah, and please don't get shot..............duck , cover and crawl.

More info is needed to make an informed opinion.
Could you supply pictures of the vehicle?
Specifically of the fender tag and drivers door tag.
Hope you found a rare car!

well i was board so i decoded the vin and fender tag. it is a 70 dart that was in the special price class and was built in windsor ON (canada) on august 1st. had a 383 4bbl with A/C and 50 amp alternator backed by a 4 speed. had dual exhaust with chrome tips and power brakes. had black interior with buckets and center console with woodgrain panel. was painted go mango with black body side moldings, RH manual standard mirror,and grille trim moldings.

hope this helps

A big block '70 would be something worth looking into. even more so since the last year for a big block A-body was '69. Isn't the 1 00031 the seq. number making it # 31? Keep us posted and pics would be realy cool.

If you don't mind saying, what part of Montana is it? I goto Missoula about once a week and would love to see it.

-
Back