Disturbed Member
Reaction score
im going nuts trying to match paint to my dart.I have had napa
mix me three different spray cans.I started with go mango because
that was the color I was told it was when i bought my love. Then I
tried Hemi orange met and recently had them mix strait orange 999
still have not matched the color are there any others for 70 or am I
AT THE END OF MY ROPE? Thanks for any replies.:confused:

Sometimes paint age has a lot to do with matching. Also product brand. Colour is always a little different from brand to brand very hard to match different brands. Spray bombs almost never match. JMO ...Larry

If there's a large enough area of good paint on your car, they should be able to scan this and come up with a pretty good match, assuming they have the equipment. The guys at my local napa said they'd be able to do this for me, and incidently, my 70 dart is go mango orange as well.

vit c and go mango are the same color.

It's tough to match orange and red due to aging.

I'm having the same problem as you, whoever painted my Dart didn't do the door jambs which I want to do now and I am having a hell of a time matching the color....

Martin Senour paint at NAPA, If they scan it thier system only comes up with a closest match in the library. PPG's Profit does the same but it can also create a color which means it will come up with a formula for your car. It can also take the original formula and alter it to match.

thank for the help guys in sure sombody in Ct.has scaning equipment for paint . Dustoff my 70 looks like yours and crackedback im mezmorized.

The best place I've found to get an accurate representation of the car's original paint color is in the transmission tunnel near the firewall. Nearly all vehicle repaints I've seen miss this area because the engine and transmission are in the way.

This worked for my A4 silver 66 Dart GT. Used the receipe from the PPG book. At first I thought the paint didn't look right in the can. I followed the directions for mixing with catalyst and hardener. Amazingly, I had a perfect match with transmission tunnel using both suction and gravity feed guns.

-
Back