70 dart trunk CARPET?

-

wes beem

Reaction score
Does anybody produce a carpet that is cut to fit in our a bodies? I keep seeing those cheep arse looking vinyl checkerboard liners but they look so chincy...does anyone make real carpet that matches the interior?

Did you check Classic Industries? I have never seen it available.

I thought the A body was the bottom of the food chain, and only cane with a rubber mat? Try a fabric store, they sell lots of products. i got a nice looking carpet mat thin for my Camaro years ago. Looked plush, didnt add any weight to the car.

Nope, In my opinion, carpets hold more moisture more than the vinyl. I wouldn't. Besides, carpets look better in a Monte Carlo.:thumbsup:

REM and I would think that ACC both makes a heavier grade rubber mat that is fairly accurate and are much more correct than the vinyl mats as discussed in the OP initial post. The vinyl mats are very cheap in my opinion as well and is basically very light weight that can be folded up as a bath towel.

If you should want to go the route of carpet, it would not be that difficult to cut out a piece from the style of your choice. If you had your original mat, it would be even easier.

yea, i was trying to get out of having to cobble together a template and cut carpet and hope i got it right but i guess thats the route i am going to have to take.

Did mine with a indoor/outdoor style carpet. Rubber backer. I don't have a pic. I did both my Darts. Most Darts seem to drip in trunk so weather it's carpet or Rubber Mat (Traps moisture) it's a good idea to pull out and air out trunk regularly. Weight doesn't bother me. If I'm at the track I empty the trunk anyways.

-
Back