70 Duster. 2 wire questions

-

Toqwik

Reaction score
Quick question, large blue wire coming out of the steering column under the dash. Where does it go? 2nd question on the starter, there should be the large lead from battery and one or more wires? If so what colors are those wires. And one last question. Did they use modern style square plastic relays? I have found one under dash and one by the wiper motor. Thanks in advance.

1: Not sure, seems wrong
2: Likely 2 reds on the B terminal and one Brown on the S terminal
3: No!

We need a photo of this blue wire. might not be factory

largest stud on battery may have one or two wires, one very large goes direct to the battery and may junction along the road (depending on year/ model) at the "big stud" on the starter relay. other wire feeds power to / from the car system and normally runs up to the large starter relay stud. if it "looks" non factory it probably IS non factory

Small terminal should only have one wire, and it runs up to the "square" terminal on the starter relay

Blue wire is ignition. Goes to motor harness via dash harness.
Should be a brown start wire from starter relay to starter.
No on the relays

71 A body. See the blue wire on the ballast resistor? Also feeds the voltage regular.
Of all the 100 or so 70-up Mopars that I've owned blue is ignition. Maybe your 67 is different. I'd have to look in FSM.

20150523_094922.jpg

Blue wire from column is from ignition switch. Goes to blue wire on dash harness at column connector. From there it ends up at the ballast resistor.
Wasn't that the question?

71 A body. See the blue wire on the ballast resistor? Also feeds the voltage regular.
Of all the 100 or so 70-up Mopars that I've owned blue is ignition. Maybe your 67 is different. I'd have to look in FSM.

View attachment 1715509549

I know what the wiring "is" and how it works in these cars. What I'm saying here, is that unless you see exactly what the OP was referring to, you can't know that. All he said was "large blue wire out of the steering column under the dash" Hell I wouldn't know what it might be, and it might not be factory

Ok I follow ya. I just know that there is a big blue wire coming from the ignition switch and comes out the bottom the column on 70 and up Mopars.
Yes a picture would help.

-
Back