70 Duster 340 Bilstein Front Shocks

-

SSSN8KE

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone
I’m looking for a front set of Bilstein Shocks for my 70 Duster. I believe the part number is
55-R082 the problem is parts suppliers don’t recognize this part number. I think this number comes from RCD. To add to my problem I’m in Ontario, Canada finding a Canadian Supplier is a challenge.

Does anyone know what 55-R082 crosses over to in the Bilstein system? Also does anyone know of a Canadian supplier?

Thanks for your help.
Stu.

I’ll try carid.com. Bilstein Canada doesn’t recognize the part number. Also they have no listing for 70 Plymouth! Frustrating to say the least. I’ll probably have to order from the USA.

Thanks for the info!
I would contact them directly- you need to actually talk to someone! Their phone number is in the "Contact Us" section: Contact Us - Bilstein Canada In situations like this I never rely on online listings. They have even gone to the extent of ordering Eurospec parts from the parent company for people.
They obviously make them, probably on order for RCD which is why the number is not an actual Bilstein number, but an RCD number. It's probably a proprietary design of RCD, manufactured by Bilstein- they most likely will just refer you to RCD; but you never know... until you ASK!

I would contact them directly- you need to actually talk to someone! Their phone number is in the "Contact Us" section: Contact Us - Bilstein Canada In situations like this I never rely on online listings. They have even gone to the extent of ordering Eurospec parts from the parent company for people.
They obviously make them, probably on order for RCD which is why the number is not an actual Bilstein number, but an RCD number. It's probably a proprietary design of RCD, manufactured by Bilstein- they most likely will just refer you to RCD; but you never know... until you ASK!

Good points! I've had luck with Bilstein Canada and they say they can get them and it's only $30CDN to ship to me.

-
Back