-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beatnik

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Contact seller
Well I found a cool '37 Plymouth street rod I'd love to have so my Duster I got in May and have been loving this summer is going up for sale. Here's the details guys and gals...

1970 Duster:
- Orig 6cyl w/ black buckets console auto car
- Now 360/727/ 8 3/4 w/ 3.23 Sure - Grip
- Body/paint done in 2002

Mechanicals:
- Stock (mild) LA 360 w/unknown mileage (no smoke or oil usage)
- Old school Direct Connection chrome valve covers
- Brand new FBO ignition
- Cast iron 4bbl intake w/ Eddy 1406 600cfm carb
- Stock 727 trans w/ B&M Quicksilver shifter
- TTI headers (could use a re-coat to be show quality)
- Mini starter
- 8 3/4 w/ Moser axles & 3.23 Sure-Grip
- Nice 2 1/2" dual exaust w/ Cherry Bomb Vortex mufflers (sounds nice)
- Power steering/power brakes w/ 73+ BBP discs

Body:
- Nice and rust-free
- Nice Sharkstooth grill
- Underside nice too, not show restored, but not grungy, no issues on the frame, extensions, rockers, trunk etc. This car doesnt need any metal work!
- Paint is good, done in 2002 and has usual chips/nicks in it because this cars is driven/cruised
- Rear has been mini-tubbed (amatuer job)
- Springs in stock location still

Misc:
- Brand new Summit "Warrior" wheels 15x4 fronts & 15x8 backs
- Brand new 165r front tires, and nice 255/60/15 Kelly Chargers out back
- Car has been all converted over to big bolt pattern w/ 73 + factory power disc set-up in front and Moser axles out back w/ drum brakes
- Nice dual scoops w/ brand new chrome bezels & Go-Wing on the back

Overall a nice driver/cruiser that gets compliments all the time. Interior is in good shape w/ the drivers bucket and rear seat redone this year. Gauge panel/dash in good shape. All the lights work, even the side marker lights and gauge cluster lights. Gas gauge works sometimes (needs ground strap), speedo doesnt work (needs new cable). Temp and ameter work. Holds good voltage at 14.4 volts, doesnt overheat, and oil pressure is 50-60lbs cold and at cruise speed, 20lbs at hot idle in gear. No drama, runs good and I drive it everywhere. Just got back from Gilmore this past Sunday on a 1hr each way trip w/ my 4yr old son...she's never let me down.

If you want a show car, it could use an engine/accessory detail job, and maybe some better panel gap alignment and some nicks/dings fixed to be really, really nice. Drivers glass has some scrapes when something was caught in the window channel...so it's not perfect. But my price I think is VERY fair for a sharp driver that doesnt need anything to hop in and drive whenever, wherever you want to go!

I was going to add some black 71-72 "340" side stripes to it and complete the 340 "Tribute" look and paint the scoops body color...and I still may.

$9800 obo takes it. I think it's a very fair price, you couldnt get a basket case to this point for less....but I'm willing to listen to reasonable offers.

PM me people!

Blair - Not yet....I've had another request for those too. Been super busy this week, but this weekend I'm going to take some interior/trunk/underneath pics and I'll put them up!

Per requests....interior and trunk pics!...and some underside pics.

Guys, this car is real clean...no rust. One bubble area by passenger side rear wheel. (See very last pic here) That's it. Mini-tubs will accept a BIG fat tire if you want to move the springs in. I'm tempted to do it myself, and if I dont sell it I still may over the winter. Again, I'm willing to listen to offers!

I'm also uploading a video to my YouTube acct of it running in the driveway so you can hear her purr...! I'll post the link when its complete.

$8900 gets the title and the keys and drives it home..!!

Come get it before the street rod I want is gone, because if it sells, the Duster is off the market again.

You could not build that car for that money now days-sweet car and a good deal by the looks of it.

Pretty nice car. Sounds good too. I bet it turns a lot of heads when you take it out.

Guys, thanks for the compliments...it is a nice car for the money....and sale is pending as a result!

Thanks FABO!

Buyer backed out...but the Duster is no longer for sale. The street rod I wanted sold in the meantime, so I'm keeping it. Just too nice to sell outright without a really good reason. Duster's gonna get the motor/trans pulled and beefed up, and the body stripe treatment this winter like I originally planned so it'll run 12's and look even better doin' it in the spring!

I was wondering because the last thing I saw was that it had sold!! Trust me I know how people do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back