70 Duster "deluxe interior" dash frame?

-

mrhinsjc

Reaction score
My 70 Duster came with the standard dash, but the dash frame had been destroyed by installation of an aftermarket radio. The new frame I acquired is not the rallye frame, but evidently a frame used with the deluxe interior package. It evidently uses the standard cluster but has about eight additional 1/2" or so holes in the frame.

I'm not sure what covers these holes. Can anyone describe what I need to be looking for? Are the parts I need reproduced by anyone? If these parts turn out to be impossible to find, has anyone done a custom setup on their car? I am going to hate ending up with $4k in a dash.

That is a what I call a wrap around dash, these were on a lot of Barracuda 67'-69' model. There are 3 more pieces of dash pad that go there, they actually meet up with the top dash pad. Does it have an ignition key in the dash hole? Scratch that- White Punk on Nitro called it right I forgot about the wood grain dash.:BangHead::BangHead:

My 70 has that dash frame too. Wood grain heater/radio bezel and glove box door, along with cluster.

Does anyone make them?
Not that I’m aware of. I have an extra glove box door. The instrument cluster is the same as a standard dash one. The heater/radio bezel is harder to find but they do show up from time to time. I found one on here a couple years ago. They show up on eBay once in awhile, too.

I will try to post a picture

E5AA1A82-A884-424F-9E49-CC05ED6BEBF6.jpeg

Looks familiar... that's my old dash :D I believe I still have the pieces.

origdashimg.jpg

But then, that's why I went custom...

dashinstalled01img.jpg

While those are the deluxe dash treatment, they're the wrong year. A '70 would look like this, gauge cluster is different...
70dartcustom2door6.jpg

Someone had that bezel up for sale and I think it was NOS but not sure check in the interior parts for sale. It was a 70 I am pretty sure.

Pretty sure this is a Dart dash, not a Duster

Umm, yeah, that’s the point.

The OP has a Duster with a standard dash but picked up a replacement dash frame that had a deluxe dash, which means it was out of a Dart.

Umm, yeah, that’s the point.

The OP has a Duster with a standard dash but picked up a replacement dash frame that had a deluxe dash, which means it was out of a Dart.
Not true. My Duster has a deluxe dash and it is the one I posted.

Not true. My Duster has a deluxe dash and it is the one I posted.

Alright, you got me.

I didn’t think that goofy looking cluster came out until ‘72. Didn’t realize it started with the Dusters in ‘70.

Alright, you got me.

I didn’t think that goofy looking cluster came out until ‘72. Didn’t realize it started with the Dusters in ‘70.
No problem! Lots of little difference on these cars, back when you could pick and choose what options you wanted!!!

-
Back