70 Duster Drip Rail Trim Question

-

pauly

MOPAR or no car!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've got a 1970 duster that I picked up about a year ago and it came about 95+% complete. I've noticed that most Dusters have drip rail trim on them - mine does not. Was this an option or was it standard?

Well, I know it wasn't standard. I also have a '70 Duster that is all original and no drip rail trim, also a '74 Duster without it. I also had a '72 Duster a while ago without it. These are/were all plain roof cars.
I've seen the drip rail trim mostly on vinyl roof cars....both canopy and full styles.
It may have been optional on plain roof cars....maybe someone else can confirm that.

Yes it was standard with vinyl top and M21 option with others. Pauly you just missed out on full 3 sets i sold on here only have the front A-Pillar pieces available now

I have had 3 Dart sports and 2 Dusters over the years and none of them had the trim.

Mine has the trim, no VT. No idea if optional or standard - mine is an H-Code 340. Sorry can't be of more help.

Steve

Thanks for the input guys! Mine is a non-vinyl roof car. Was a plain jane /6 3 spd car originally, so guessing they didn't splurge for the bling back in the day!

I was more curious than anything. I'm OK with the look with or without!

Sorry to hijack this post, but my dart sport has wheel molding but no drip rail molding, at least when I bought it. So if I have wheel molding should my car have the drip rail molding to ? Would it be part of a décor group or package? Car in question 75 sport 360.

Don't mind the hijack! My car came with the original fenders and they show no evidence of fasteners for the wheel opening trim either so I'm guessing it wasn't very highly optioned either! Did have power discs on the front though!

Code M21 chrome drip rail molding was standard on all 1971 340 Dusters:)

-
Back