-
Status
Not open for further replies.

coyote42

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for a NON AC heater control. Just pulled my dash and found the plastic pins for the cables are broken. This is not a restoration. Just want to make it work.
Thanks, Kyle

If the little guides behind those levers were worn out you would need another controller. The plastic pins that cable attach to can be replaced with screws with nyloc nuts to hold the cables on. There are a couple of how to threads here. I used brass screws in my 67 controller. One of my pins is 2 ended with a washer like disc in its center. 10-32 tap hardly put 1 full thread in it but it screwed onto my brass screw. Screw head cut off, nut on both ends, done.
You'll need to check cable and blend door movement. Maybe just lubricate the cables.

Last edited:
If the little guides behind those levers were worn out you would need another controller. The plastic pins that cable attach to can be replaced with screws with nyloc nuts to hold the cables on. There are a couple of how to threads here. I used brass screws in my 67 controller. One of my pins is 2 ended with a washer like disc in its center. 10-32 tap hardly put 1 full thread in it but it screwed onto my brass screw. Screw head cut off, nut on both ends, done.
You'll need to check cable and blend door movement. Maybe just lubricate the cables.
Thanks for the advice. My post in Heating asking for advice was apparently deleted because I posted a Wanted ad for the control. Don't know why that would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back