70 duster SS Springs

-

tkowalchuk

70 Duster with a 440
Reaction score
Hey all i am needing some advise about ordering some new parts for my duster. Im stuck on what to order. One article i read was that SS springs were made initially for A-Body cars. But on mancini racing it says that the SS springs are 20" front and 36" rear section. But i just measured my car it is 20"front and 35" rear. Is the extra length in the rear due to arch in the spring? Will it line up in the original location as my factory springs?

These are the springs im looking at.
Mopar Super Stock Spring Special - Right & Left

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The 002/003 3000lb springs are typically used on A-bodies. They use to sit kinda high, but I think the newest don't as much. But rear weight has a big influence. Personally, I prefer Rancho or Calvert rear adjustable shocks. The Mopar auto shocks were too soft for me. The harder the car leaves, the stiffer the shocks need to be.

Got any relatives in Florida? I know where you can get like new SS springs for less. ;) Shipping would be pretty high otherwise.

Forget about SS Springs on the street. You want the 340 Duster rear leaf springs. They are beefed up with an xtra leaf for Hi Po use. Install an MP Pinion Snubber and make sure it is 1" from your upper floorboard and YOU'RE GOOD. This combo has been run for years and is bulletproof and hooks. Perfect for your car and street use. Do not alter your mounts front or rear, stock is fine.

The SS springs wear out fast on the street, believe me, especially if not shackled in the rear.
Please do not use Traction Bars, if you are considering (Sorry if I insulted your intelligence).

I have used the MP Drag Shocks on the Street for rear only and they worked great for about a year, then replaced them with the Comp Engineering shocks set at 50/50 for the street. If you do some drag stuf, click them to 70/30. Unfortunately, you have to remove them to do it. The nice thing about the MP and CE Shocks is that they are the length you need for your A Body.

Thank you for the response partsmonsta. So the 863/864 SS springs are no good for my car? It will be Shakled. My dad suggested me getting the SS springs and i ordered some up last night the 863/864. I see your saying to get the 340 duster rear leafs, do you have part # for that i am orderings from manciniracing. I should be able to cancel my order or change it, this morning.

I called Manciniracing i got them to switch my order after talking with them to the 002/003 springs.

I put the 02 03 springs on my 64 dart, didn't like the lean or the lift so I bought another passenger side spring and now have the same spring on both sides. I have stock length gas shocks on the back they seem to be fine, and I added front hangers that had multiple holes to lower the rear. It sits nice now. The only issue I have now is that the rear is shifted to the passenger side by about 1/2" I am not sure why or how to fix it.

The hangers are like these :
Mopar: NEW A and E-Body Rear Leaf Spring Hangers Cuda Challenger AAR T/A R/T

-
Back