70 Duster taillight housing question

-

ijg4503

Reaction score
I have seen several interior trunk pics that have what appear to be black covers over the taillight housings. What are these and should my 70 Duster 340 have them. I have attached a partial pic of the black cover that I am referring to.

Thanks for your help.

ijg4503
[email protected]

Duster survivor trunk.jpg

Yes these did come on the 70 dusters but gone in 71. This is correct for your car.

I have a 70 also. They are somewhat hard to find. I had to buy a taillight set from a guy just to get mine. I have seen them at the carlisle Pa show last year.

part number 3403880 & 3403881

Not easy to find these days as a lot of them were broken and then discarded after people put crap up against them in the trunk.

expect to pay too much for a good condition set.

I put in a request to beaparts.com to repop'em but no luck yet

I have a set in fair condition that I intend to use but would sure like to find a NOS set or repro's would be fine.

they was also on 71 duster too i have all matching one and i have a few extra sets for 125.00 shipped mike

I stand corrected-however I have never seen them on a 71 but it maybe the old Chrysler trick of early 71 got them and late 71 did not. This was the case of trunk lids with rib in the center. I have seen them 71 Dusters have them and some with out.

-
Back