70 Duster - Value ?

-
-- What makes you want to own it again? What was the reason for selling in the first place? --
--
Auto Pox.JPG

I owned this 70 Duster, and sold it. -- I'm now considering buying it back. -- It's basically a, completely rust free, Survivor, Car from Arizona -- The hood is a little bleached out, from
the sun -- 318 -- auto -- disc brakes (front) -- working A/C -- power steering -- very good, bench seat, interior. -- The added items include -- intake, and 4 bbl. Holly -- Mopar Performance valve covers -- dual exhausts (no headers) -- shark tooth grill -- Cragars -- 8-3/4" non-posi. rear. -- What should I pay ? -- Opinions. -- View attachment 1715518906 View attachment 1715518907 View attachment 1715518908

Well, this thread has really got me to thinking...
I am a bit surprised (shocked is too strong of a word) that there are some $7000-$10,000 prices being suggested for this car. Maybe there could be some differences of opinion, just based on geography. Since the OP has a personal relationship with the seller, I guess that could facilitate a lower price too.
But, I am firmly of the belief that this car would be a bargain at $15,000 or less. That is based only on the 3 pics we can see and the description given.
If you think about values across the board, a Mopar B or E body car, in comparible condition to this one, would probably list for $25-$40K. Coronets & Satellites being on the low side. Chargers, Challengers, & Roadrunners on the high end.
IROC Camaros and Fox Body Mustangs are now selling for $15-$20K. Other "2nd generation" muscle cars are also seeing their values go up.
Even 76-82 Corvettes that you could get for $5000 a handful of years ago, have doubled.
So, its only reasonable that Mopar A body cars would follow suit. Especially since the B & E bodies have been priced out of most guys budget.
If there really are Dusters & Demons out there for $5000-$10,000 (in this condition), I hope they will be advertised on this site. There would be a number of buyers interested, myself included.
All this being said, I do think there will be a number of cheap cars for sale in 4-6 months, so start saving your pennies.
Cash is king!

-
Back