70DartMike's road trip across Canada / US

-
Most Americans I have met have been great Dave, including yourself. It really puts a sour note on a trip when the CBP are dicks, but the Canadian side was worse when we were coming back from Colorado.

We came back into Canada in Victoria BC, off the ferry from Port Angeles, and coming back in was VERY easy. She only asked how much alcohol we had, and if we had any tobacco.
Almost too easy..

Anyways, we're home now, made it safely. The trip was great!! However, we're happy to be off the road. I'm sure glad I put those captains chairs in it from my 74 Empress! Now its 2 weeks of getting the Dart ready for the haul to the Peach City Beach Cruise.

I'm LONG overdue for pictures, so I'll put some up now, and some later.

Hopewell Rocks, Bay Of Fundy, New Brunswick.
You can see where the ocean comes in. This place has some of the highest tides in the world, up to 20' I believe. Everywhere the rocks are worn away, is where the ocean comes in and erodes them. You walk around on the ocean floor when the tide is out.

Here's that small collection the old farmer in New Brunswick had. Driving by, I thought it was a car show. We stopped and spoke with the guy, who said he just brought them all out of the barn to air them out, and tune them up as needed.

Then we drove to Cape Enrage, New Brunswick.
They wanted us to pay for parking, to walk to a light house.. So we parked outside the gate, and took a picture from above.

After crossing into Maine. Lots of trees, for a long time. But great gas prices!

Laughed out loud when I saw this.

Spotted this nice 65 Valiant! For sale, somewhere off route 20 in New York state. It was pissing rain out, so I didn't take many pics. It had a clean /6 though, floor shift auto.

Stopped by 'A Christmas Story' house in Cleveland, Ohio.

Spotted this cool 66/67 GTX at a dealership in LaPorte, Wisconsin. Big block, 4 speed, 8 3/4 rear, clean body and interior. Didn't say how much though.

Stopped at Widmur Cheese Cellars in Theresa, Wisconsin. Bought some delicious brick cheese.

Sweet Valiant, Keith!

And I loved the Satellite.

Early Bel Air at a Walmart parking lot.

People need a sign to tell them not to leave children unattended in their car???

Cool driver Fury at Walmart.

Corn Palace, Mitchell, South Dakota.

I'll post pics in a different thread about Pioneer Auto Museum, and I'll post the thread here.

Driving through Buffalo Bill state park in Wyoming.

We stopped in Cody, Wyoming, where they had a rodeo. We walked by an act right as they fired a bunch of blanks at each other.

Rob, saw this Riviera in Cody, Wyoming. Took this for ya.

In Yellowstone park, watching the steam come out of the earth. Pretty active hot spots around there.

Saw some Bison?

Almost ran this one over as it ran out in front of the van. That would have been popular with the onlookers.

Just caught the end of Ol' Faithful.

Walked through the Ol' Faithful Inn, which was all hand built in the early 1900's. An earthquake shook it up years ago, so the whole thing was somewhat twisted.

After Yellowstone, in Montana.

Minnesota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, and Washington were PACKED with old cars, anywhere from 30's - 70's by the way. I never want to hear anyone from those areas say they can't find parts or cars to restore. You don't know how good you've got it.

Ritzville, Washington.

Port Angeles, Washington. This van had seen better days. The slider was held closed (if you could call it closed) with a hinge and padlock.

After getting back to Victoria, we went to an Imax, and walked around down town. Watched these guys play, they were pretty good.

Then saw Newby pass us in his Dart.

Like I said, I'll post up pics of the Pioneer Auto Museum later too.

And that's it. We're home now, relaxing, enjoying not being on the road. Thanks for viewing and commenting!
It was also great to meet everyone, and thanks again for your hospitality. Hope to meet up with you again one day.

It was like taking the trip with you...and seeing the provinces where I have lived from a different perspective. I thank-you for your time to do this..it was great !

ian.

-
Back