71 340 Duster, FINALLY!!!

-

ibleedmoparts

Reaction score
Hello all! Been gone for some time. I picked up 71 340 Duster tonight from the 2nd owner. Numbers match on engine, Vin, door, rad support etc. The fender tag is long gone but I have the build sheet. Any help decoding? Is this a V24 car? Also wondering what color the seats are supposed to be. Has a flawless sharktooth but the guy painted it sublime green. Nice looking and running car but im particular and want it to be correct. Yes, I know the sequence number is gone, I rubbed it out. Can anyone help me decode?

Welcome Back Floyd. Sure have missed you here and look forward to your Build.

Thanks Cliff! Not much to build honestly. Its in GREAT shape. Just small repairs and then drive it. I also scored a 70' FY1 340 Duster shell over the summer. Fender tag, VIN, rallye dash and numbers matching 340 all there. Its real rough though. Will need floors, trunk, hood, fenders, doors etc. But a H code car nonetheless.

Thanks Cliff! Not much to build honestly. Its in GREAT shape. Just small repairs and then drive it. I also scored a 70' FY1 340 Duster shell over the summer. Fender tag, VIN, rallye dash and numbers matching 340 all there. Its real rough though. Will need floors, trunk, hood, fenders, doors etc. But a H code car nonetheless.

Sweet I can't wait to see them both. We moved to Stillwater so I hope we can meet next time you are here in Oklahoma

Yes it has V24 listed right next to your GF7 paint code.

You mention that car/grill is Sublime green but car is coded for a medium Green I think called Sherwood Green.
Also when you see 5x8 listed as upper door paint (which your sheet has) that is Charcoal Upper door paint to go hand and hand with the V24 treatment.
Ron

Also your seats are L6X9 I think it's a bench not sure on the "6" but X9 is black.

I'm going to guess you have a Black Bench without armrest which is a standard interior, is that what is present?
Ron

Has 2 tone buckets

If it has these seats they are recovered in the Deluxe pattern.
This is M6X9 Medium Bucket Black/Gray

L6X9 is Low (as in standard) Bucket Black Seat

Attachments

• IMG_3142 (Large).jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 295

Dont worry all, I have a flat hood without a scoop ready to install in place of the present hood. Also plan on the spoiler going away.

Thanks Denny! Its good to be back. There will be more to follow as I go. The project this week is a front end rebuild and brake upgrade. I still need to figure out a set of discs for SBP wheels. I did take a look at the wilwoods, SSBC, and even scarebird...now its decision time

-
Back