71 340 Wedge decal placement?

-
What's up man? I'll be interested to see the answers to this one. I have a 440 WEDGE decal for the Scamp, if it ever gets here.

your mock up photo looks pretty close to me and im picky about decal placement it took me 3 hours to put the bumble bee stripe on my swinger just because if im putting a factory style decal on something it better be in the right location or it will drive me nuts!! wish i could help you but, just wanted to say i love the looks of those decals on dusters!!! great choice!! ive had one of those decals still rolled in the shipping container for 10 years now, but ive never had a duster nice enough to justify putting a new decal on! i also have a matching black T-shirt that came from year one 20 years ago (seriously i got it for christmas when i was 14) and i still have that T-shirt too! its ratty but i still wear it!! i think im gonna have to start looking for another duster so i can someday use my new decal haha!

All I found, Borrowed from the Hamtramck Reg.

Attachments

• 1971DusterTheQuickest-1of2.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 328
  • 71RTS0013.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 302
Thanks for posting the ad brochure. However in looking it over and comparing, it seems almost impossible to match what is shown. If you look close, the edge of the 3 is located close to the M, in Plymouth. Then look at the hood on my car (using the factory holes for the emblem) and it would put the decal almost parallel with the fender or if you angled even the smallest amount it would over lap on the fender. Make me think the "drawings" or computer generated drawing is not "to proportion"????

I had someone else send me a PM that said he was told "on the assembly line" they were told to "stand at the front edge of the fender/grille and the decal should be level if you look across the hood". I have no idea if that is correct or just someone's opinion?

The decal in the picture looks like it is twisted a little more and the # are not as big. To me, I would twist it a little more. It looks like it is close to 45 degrees from the fender line. Just my thoughts.

I made the trip up to see the car in person and look at the decal placement. Looking at pics of unrestored cars they were all over the map on placement with most further back. That looked awkward to me so looking at it in person we decided on this......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 265
I made the trip up to see the car in person and look at the decal placement. Looking at pics of unrestored cars they were all over the map on placement with most further back. That looked awkward to me so looking at it in person we decided on this......

looks good to me...they were put on by soo many diff people they put them where it looked good and out the door it went....

I am getting ready put a Wedge decal on my car.If you look at the two factory photos one is close to the front edge of the hood and the other photo it looks to be 5-6 inches back from the front edge.Mine will be closer to the front edge about like carcrazyguy's photo.

-
Back