71 dart 360 mag.oil pan fitment issue

-
Reaction score
Hi,everyone I have chatted about this oil pan fitment issue of mine but was'st able to be real specific.I bought my 71 dart swinger 6 kmember car with a 2002 360 mag.ram motor in the 6 kframe.the car came without an oil pan on it! the rear sump hangs 2' lower than center link and center link is about an inch from sump.the motor mounts are trans dapt for 6 to an v8 application.I was told numerous times to go with a LA 360 oil pan even though my sump is in the rear.In order to get pan on I see I would have to take center link(drag bar)off first.I don't see how that would still work center link still to close! would even a special made oil pan work?there is about 2" clearance of bell housing to dome of firwall before touching.was told numerous times that my 6 kframe should'nt be the issue.motor seems to sit lower though but I have no idea if this is normal?:eek:ops:

im not sure if the year engine matters, but you need a car pan and pickup tube, basically a center sump pan. it sounds like you are trying to use a truck pan . the K member has nothing to do with it.

please post some pictures , it would really help here

and welcome to the site

im not sure if the year engine matters, but you need a car pan and pickup tube, basically a center sump pan. it sounds like you are trying to use a truck pan . the K member has nothing to do with it.

please post some pictures , it would really help here

and welcome to the site
Thank You! I will have to take some pictures this comming weekend up close.I have to raise car up and now car is blocked in with stuuf in front of for winter.I have motor wrapped in plastic rite because no oil pan on.I accidentially put 2' drop on sump but I meant 2" lower than center link:eek:ops:Thank You for responce and saturday I will take some pictures to be more specific

as stated you need a car oil pan with a center sump,, the pan you have is a rear sump pan for a pick up or van,, you will also need to change your oil pump lick up tube to match the car oil pan,,,you will also need to change your dip stick and tube to the correct length,,

you can use the truck oil pan dipstick,,you will have to cut it shorter and make your own marks on the dipstick for the full line,,,much easier to get the correct dip stick

-
Back