71 Dart Brake Conversion Kit???

-

71dart2009

Reaction score
I need suggestions on converting my front drum breaks to disk breaks. What would be a good place to order them from? What pitfalls can you guys warn me of?

I have looked for post on this, but I have been unlucky...

Yep, I just saw another post concerning the same thing from October but there wasn't much feedback...I am looking to do this soon so hopefully I can get good feedback and get started. I will post pics as I get started.

Some if not most of us have just found a 73 or newer A-body with disk front brakes and swaped them out. Its easy bolt on. You will need the upper control arm and lower a-arm. You may find the lits in the for sale section.
There are a few places that sell a kit but cost is up there.
there are many treads that talk about it. I will find one and post it here for you to see. I did not document my swap.

I recently did that swap on my 69 barracuda. Unbolt the 2 bolts from the inside of the upper control arm, separate the lower ball joint from the lower control arm, disconnect the rubber brake hose where it connects to the steel one. You need all of the parts that are now loose. (do not need the lower control arm unless it has sway bar mounts that you want), I did not have power brakes on mine and also got the power booster, master cyl, and proportioning valve (prop valve is different between disk and drum brakes). here is a link to a pretty thorough writeup. http://www.moparaction.com/Tech/archive/disc-main.html

You want factory or aftermarket parts?

There are ways to do it with factory, a body Small bolt pattern, and Large bolt pattern (A body 73-76 or FMJ parts).

I have a set of A body and F body conversion parts available.

You want factory or aftermarket parts?

There are ways to do it with factory, a body Small bolt pattern, and Large bolt pattern (A body 73-76 or FMJ parts).

I have a set of A body and F body conversion parts available.
factory or aftermarket is fine...I have no preference.

-
Back