Status
Not open for further replies.

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
Very clean car, original CA vehicle, 318 2bbl/904/7.25. Mostly straight, a few dings, one 'rust' spot on the hood (looks like a chemical stain that corroded) Has typical surface rust in trunk, few dings but overall straight. I have owned it for two years, 95% of which was spent in my garage. Car was converted to disk brakes. Has large bolt 14" rallies with good tires. Dual exhaust and Flowmaster muffs. Just about all original except for the wear parts and exhaust, kind of a survivor almost!

Currently, the car is not running. It needed a water pump and fan clutch as they were making a lot of noise and leaking. It took it apart to fix it but started to think about building the engine. I had big plans but it never happened - time, money, yada yada. If it's a deal breaker, I can put it back together to get it running.

Brakes - the power booster was removed in favor of a lightweight manual master cylinder. I did actually sell the booster but they are available from a number of sources if you wanted to put it back to power. Brake lines will need to be made/installed from the master to the dist. block. Fine Lines/Right Stuff Detailing has these pre-made at reasonable prices.

The power steering system was leaking badly so it also was removed. My plan was to convert to manual anyway. I have all the old parts including steering gear, leaky lines and pump. Have all the bracketry and fasteners too.

Battery tray was removed because it was starting to corrode and the plan was to re-locate it to the trunk. I still have the tray but I would get a new one. There is some surface oxidation under the tray but thankfully no real rust.

The mechanical part of the A/C system was working and blowing cold but the controls had sunk into the dash bezel making it impossible to operate. The vacuum connector on the back of the control head was shot and will need to be replaced. The heater box is out now as are the under dash vents and ducts. My plan was to remove the system completely to save weight for 'racing'. I have all the parts but they will need to be refurbished (foam etc.). Nice link for the DIY guy here. There is a company out there that restores heater boxes but the name escapes me. In any event, the box is out so the hard work is done. I have all the A/C related parts (condenser, compressor, drier, lines, brackets etc.) if you wanted to put it back together.

The radio was removed as well but I do actually have a correct and very nice radio delete panel. (non A/C) It would however be easy enough to re-install the radio, it worked great.

The steering column is not in the car but it has been refurbished. I converted it to floor shift with a collar. I have yet to install the new shifter (Hurst 1/4 Stick forward pattern) but the bracket for the cable and the new shift lever arm is on the trans. The under column cover was broken when I got the car so you will need to source a new one. They are on Ebay/FABO regularly. Still have the original rim blow Tuff Wheel!

Needs a new dome light lens, but those are just a few bucks from a resto parts place like Year One etc.

Bumpers/chrome, glass and trim are all very nice. Lights, grille, emblems etc. all very good. Stainless trim is all there and in good condition.

Door panels are good, headliner, sunvisors and rear seats are good. Front has a tear but is still presentable. Could use a carpet, visible wear on driver's side and some slight discoloration on the pass side.

Vinyl top has a 2" v-shaped rip over the driver but is in otherwise good condition. Does not appear to be any rust underneath.

I removed the creature comfort stuff because I wanted a light, hard-core, stripped down street machine. However, I did not want a bare bones race car. I tired to get the correct block off plates etc. to cover all the holes. I really just like the spartan factory race car vibe.

Other than that, the car is as you see it in the pics.

For the right price, I may include a steel crank 318 short block and a pair of 302 heads with it. Nice street machine combo!

I bought this car because it was clean, complete and and was a color I like. I planned to drive it as is while I built up the drive train. My heart was never in this car though because deep down I would rather have a Duster or Demon. Hopefully someone will be wiser than me.

I am asking $6,000, firm.

Happy to answer any questions you may have. Trades considered: 70-72 Duster or Demon. That's it. Must be comparable - obviously no rusty junk. Original paint, 6 cyl. granny cars OK. (preferred!)

Dart is located in Huntington, NY, 11743.

Greg

attachment.php

attachment.php

driversidetrunkext.jpg

underside3.jpg

tirewell.jpg

interior.jpg

headliner.jpg

doorpanel.jpg

backseat.jpg

Forgot to add in my original post: I purchased a new-still-in-the-bag engine wiring harness ($90) from Evans wiring for this car and it will be included.

I have some other parts I may be willing to include if the buying price is close to what I'm looking for - LBP 15 x 7 steel wheels, Mopar elec. distributor, SBP 8 3/4 axle shafts and SBP 10" brake drum backing plates.

Also - I had also planned to convert the rear bumper to a '70. I have a a 'core' that can go with if buyer wants it. In addition,there are two sets of tail lenses (not perfect but usable) with buckets and wiring. Inquire through PM.

Would really like to hear some offers on this car, it's a great start! ;)

I am removing the trade option for this car, it is now for sale outright only, price is $5,750.

Since placing this ad, I have acquired another project. Truthfully, I need another car like another hole in the head but its on its way as I write.

Sorry to have gotten anyone's hopes up for a trade.

Lol,does this mean you wont accept glass beads in trade?

Even though my ad clearly said I would trade for a 70-72 Duster/Demon/69 Dart ONLY, some dude actually offered me an 86 Corvette for the Dart. :roll:

Never hurts to ask but you might want to use a little discretion sometimes.

Corvette86-2.JPG

Even though my ad clearly said I would trade for a 70-72 Duster/Demon/69 Dart ONLY, some dude actually offered me an 86 Corvette for the Dart. :roll:

Never hurts to ask but you might want to use a little discretion sometimes.

Corvette86-2.JPG

Keep at it you never know what you will find?

Attachments

• 100_1512ss.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 1,624
  • 100_1510ss.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 1,643
Still for sale...

Forgot to add - I can include an 84 model year 360 short block if any potential buyers are interested.

Man, that's my car's twin!

You should put it back together. Someone could drive it home.

Tired of that LD4B yet?

Steve

Man, that's my car's twin!

You should put it back together. Someone could drive it home.

Steve

have to agree, when i was looking nearly 2 months ago i loved this car
but being apart and not running turned me off of it because i needed something that could drive.
i definitely would have made the trip to LI to look at it.

Just so everyone knows, I am working on getting the car running. Just ordered a couple hundred bucks worth of parts to make it happen. So there. :la:

Hmmmmmmmmmm. What's wrong with it?

Not much really, no major damage. Just needed some mechanical repairs - master cylinder, water pump, power steering lines, A/C switch, shifter installed, couple other small things. Floor shift column conversion is done...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back