71 Dart Swinger project Street Machine

-
Wow, your not kidding, That thing is EXACTLY like mine looked last year. Nice !

thanx! i looked high and low for a nice original Swinger and finally found this one..its only a 318 but its an original #s matching car with a super straight body and original beautiful interior.. the motor and trans both have fresh full rebuilds with only 800 miles on them.. i picked it up for $12,000...im wanting to go with a 15x8 in rallye wheel on the back... ive had a few guys on here tell me that theyve done it on theirs, just gotta have the right backspacing and tires size... i just think it would look badass!!

Very nice!! What did you do for cutouts??

I used the kit from QTP, 2.5" electronic cutouts
Here's a link to the kit

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/QTP-QTEC50CP-2-5-Electric-Exhaust-Cutout-3-Bolt-Flange-With-Stainless-Y-Pipes-/221282010768?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item33856f8690&vxp=mtr"]QTP QTEC50CP 2 5" Electric Exhaust Cutout 3 Bolt Flange with Stainless Y Pipes | eBay[/ame]

Man Love that Dart! working on a 72 with my son. He is trying to decide between rally wheels and drag stars and yours is a great contrast for the 2. Drag stars all the way for me but we will see what he decides. Great work maybe some day ours will be as nice.

So much more has been done this year but I just haven't had the time to post anything.
My latest progress.........
Purchased all new rubber seals, A-body bucket seats, built a new trans, new 70 Bumpers, new tail lights, new hood scoops, many new interior parts, power brake kit, and best of all I had Mike at MRL Performance build me a killer SB 408 Stroker, 512HP/519TQ

Pics will come soon. Car is currently stripped down for new body and paint

Ok so I haven't had the time to keep the updates posted but here's the end result.
The car is finally done and drivable. Finished in time to get it out to the local show n shine. Late but it got there !
Started stripping the car Aug.16 2014, finished it Aug 8. 2015
I been out for a few rip's with it, she pulls hard

-
Back