71 demon 340 drum to disc

-

66dartman

Reaction score
My friend has a 71 demon 340 with front drums, and she wants power discs on the car. I believe they are 10", haven't checked. I piece-mealed my 66 front disc conversion about 7 years ago to the 73-up single piston setup, and it was tough to find the parts then. I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a complete power front disc kit for a 71 A body. Thanks in advance.

DrDiff over at Moparts sells a complete conversion kit. I just installed it on my 72 Dart. It uses the 73+ single piston caliper like you used.

Drop him a line, he's awesome to work with. I've bought a ton of stuff from him over the years and he's as good as they get.

If you want to keep the 4" small bolt pattern to match your rear axle and/or wheels, get a complete setup off a '67-72 A-body. If you want the 4 1/2" big bolt pattern, a '73-6 A-body or '73-4 E-body is a good 1 piston Mopar type brake setup. You'll also need '73-6 A-body upper control arms for that conversion. There are also tons of aftermarket kits. some use the existing spindles with off-the-shelf parts and some are totally one-off, proprietary kits.

-
Back