[WANTED] 71 demon gas cap and dash pad?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck with the fuel cap. It is a one year only thing. I have been looking for a painted 1 for some time.

Yes good luck on the cap I found one 5 years ago and paid $50 for it which I thought was a good deal.

For the fuel cap, its much easier to find a later model fuel neck and switch out the '71 only style. You should be able to source a fuel neck easier than a '71 cap, and usually much cheaper too. '72-74 caps can be found at most parts stores, I believe the 75-76 caps can be had from them as well.

Attachments

• Abody Gas Caps 67-70,70 Cal and 71,72-74,75-76.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 182
I have a 71 factory chrome gas cap if you still need one PM me

I think I have an entire filler tube with the one vent tube which is clipped under brackets running down the tube. It also has the correct fitting painted fuel cap. I bought it by mistake and paid big bucks for it. I placed it next to my original 72 Demon filler tube and the first thing I noticed is that my 72 filler tube seems to be about 5" longer than the 71 filler tube. I also noticed that the cap on the 71 filler tube will not fit the neck of my 72 filler tube. So there are differences. I am in need of a 72 Cap to fit my tube. I also noticed that the screw holes on my 72 filler tube are only three and the 71 appears to have 5? I was just going to weld an overflow tube on my 72 tube and run it below the floor pan. I think on a 72 car, the gas tank had an extra vent. On the 71 car they used the tube through the floor next to the filler tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back