71 Demon GY3

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that car looked familiar. I still have that issue of High Performance Mopar this Demon was featured in. Also on the cover is a '68 formula "S" Barracuda which belongs to a guy that is local to me.

Love the car, hate the price. Mostly because I can't afford it.

I agree. Seems like a nice car, but what's up with that wing. It certainly does NOT look like an original (70 or 71) wing. Maybe it the angle of the picture but it looks like it came off of some other brand of car. Good luck with the sale! :prayer:

Hey guys, I'm a :newb: to this forum - I actually found it after I bought the GY3 Demon mentioned by the OP.

I hope to be able to gain some insight into the A-body as I've previously only owned E and B-bodies.

The Demon is really a sweet car and I'm in the process of changing some minor things back to the way it should be, such as keystone clamps, painting the radiator support flat black, etc. etc.

My questions is, does anyone have a copy of the July 1999 High Performance Magazine that this car was featured in? A copy of the mag came with the car when I bought it but, it's a bit tattered. I sure would like to get a copy that is in really good shape.

Also I'm trying to locate a TQ for the car. It has an edelbrock carb on it now and runs fine, but I want to get an original style carb if possible. I was given the original 4973 carb with the car but the corner on the (plastic) body is cracked.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks for the great forum...:cheers:

Attachments

• car leaving 23.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,133
Hey guys, I'm a :newb: to this forum - I actually found it after I bought the GY3 Demon mentioned by the OP.

I hope to be able to gain some insight into the A-body as I've previously only owned E and B-bodies.

The Demon is really a sweet car and I'm in the process of changing some minor things back to the way it should be, such as keystone clamps, painting the radiator support flat black, etc. etc.

My questions is, does anyone have a copy of the July 1999 High Performance Magazine that this car was featured in? A copy of the mag came with the car when I bought it but, it's a bit tattered. I sure would like to get a copy that is in really good shape.

Also I'm trying to locate a TQ for the car. It has an edelbrock carb on it now and runs fine, but I want to get an original style carb if possible. I was given the original 4973 carb with the car but the corner on the (plastic) body is cracked.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks for the great forum...:cheers:[/QUOTE

Try Scott Smith from harm's restoration. He may have what you need. He is on moparts. The 71 thermoquad is one year only and expensive.

Welcome to the site and sweet car, you should be able to buy back issues of that magazine through High Performance Magazine if they are like any other mag company.

Your Demon is gorgeous.....Luv the GY3 cars alot :thumbup:

For your TQ, try sending a PM to our member EL5DEMON340

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/member.php?u=9009

Welcome from one Demon owner to another! Yeah those GY3 yellow cars make me drool for some reason.:D

j-miller

here you go...drool away

Attachments

• car show.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 912
Welcome aboard from another GY3 Demon owner.....

Attachments

• water heater 013.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 713
  • mower 009.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 674
so is this demon sold or is it still for sale? According to the link that has been posted it is listed as SOLD...If still available what is the price?

Shouldnt it have a gull wing not a go wing? Not that it really matters just wonderin

It's the camera angle - it does have the gull wing - J81.

The gull-wing is a swept back design, and the go-wing is a "thicker" design and has a lesser degree angle downturn.

By the way, the car also has another fairly rare option - R26 plus the microphone R33 (micophone is in the glove box)

Attachments

• car leaving 31.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 701
  • 9.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 627
  • car leaving 35.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 577
It's the camera angle - it does have the gull wing - J81.

The gull-wing is a swept back design, and the go-wing is a "thicker" design and has a lesser degree angle downturn.

By the way, the car also has another fairly rare option - R26 plus the microphone R33 (micophone is in the glove box)

You got a real nice car there for sure GY3! I remember staring at this car in High Performance Mopar and still will!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back