71 demon questions

-

63savoy426

Reaction score
So....
I got a 71 Dodge demon from my uncle and just have some general questions.

It is an h code. Has the original 340, 4 speed, 8 3/4 rear. Original fj6 green.
Bench seat car. Black interior.
Only rust so far is trunk floor.
Never painted. Never restored.

Questions are...
What would this be worth restored?
What are these worth in project form?

Im working on 2 other projects so this is a back burner item right now.

Comments appreciated. Thanks

Not much, ship it to me, I'll get rid of it for you.
Ok sorry that's my greedy side talking. I had a 318 71 Demon once. I loved that car and should never have scrapped it.
Without pics, who can say. They are pretty collectible tho.

So....
I got a 71 Dodge demon from my uncle and just have some general questions.

It is an h code. Has the original 340, 4 speed, 8 3/4 rear. Original fj6 green.
Bench seat car. Black interior.
Only rust so far is trunk floor.
Never painted. Never restored.

Questions are...
What would this be worth restored?
What are these worth in project form?

Im working on 2 other projects so this is a back burner item right now.

Comments appreciated. Thanks

Due to the varying levels of restoration it's hard to tell you. If you were to do a true concours level restoration (cosmoline dipped control arms kinda detail, with extensive NOS and new everything you could get $50k. Think off the charts and everything better than new here)

Recently a Barrett 70' dart 340 went for 36500 plus the buyers commission equaled $40k.

I've seen a lot of not done well cars but some level of OK amateur restoration bring in values of 20-25k.

It's current value could range from 2 -20k depending on condition and options, originality, etc..... Realistically if it's a realitively descent complete project it would be in the 7-15k range, again depending on condition. If you posted a series of detailed pictures many will chime in an offer up their opinions.

71 demon 340 4spd cars are rarer than most, low production.

Good luck. And if you want to sell the car PM I'd be interested.

Thanks

According to Govier there were 10,089 71 Demon H-codes built, 7981 for USA sales. Namely;2051 4-speeds ,4932 autos, and 998 A230s.
You have a nice piece of history, thx be to Uncle.
Try to imagine how many FJ6s were made,lol.
I once had one of those 2108 exported models, also in FJ6. The KHers are under my Barracuda today.It was a 727 car tho.
Congrats

Last edited:
According to Govier there were 10,089 71 Demon H-codes built, 7981 for USA sales. Namely;2051 4-speeds ,4932 autos, and 998 A230s.
You have a nice piece of history, thx be to Uncle.
Try to imagine how many FJ6s were made,lol.
I once had one of those 2108 exported models, also in FJ6. The KHers are under my Barracuda today.It was a 727 car tho.
Congrats

Thanks for the numbers and to everyone who responded.
I think I've got a pretty rare car then.
Ive already had people trying to buy it from me

I would stand in line too, if you were in Canada, or if I could make a decent offer, or if I was 20 years younger,lol. I really loved my Demons. The second one was a purple Twister 318.

I agree with mentioned, 50-60k for a 10/10 restoration. With that car being a factory 340 4 speed car best value wise would be to restore it back to stock

If its a pretty clean car and complete id say the project itself is probably worth between 8-10k just because of the low production numbers, that plus it actually survived!

-
Back