71 Demon Side stripe dimensions??

-

DIYORPAY

Mopar Fanatic
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the side stripe dimensions are? (width of stripes on quarterpanel and width of space between the two that shows the paint? Also the width of stripes at a few diferent points(start of stripe on fender, and at door front, and back). I painted the hood and tailpanel stripes and want to paint the sides on. This is just a driver and the hood and tail stripes turned out so good. But i had the measurements for them. Thanks!

Here is what i have done so far.

resized demon hood pic.jpg

resized tail panel.jpg

There are actually a lot of varying dimensions on the Demon stripes but I'll give it a shot for you -

Fender Stripe - front inner gap area starts 1/8th" ends 1/4". Stripe starts 1-1/8" thick (after bullet point) Ends 1-3/4" thick (including gap area)

Door stripe - Gap starts 1/4" ends approx 5/16". Stripe starts 1-3/4 thick Ends 2-11/16"

Qtr Panel - Gap starts 5/16" goes to 1/2" in middle back down to 5/16" at end
Stripe starts 2-3/4" goes to 5-1/4" in middle back down to 3-5/16 at end before tapering to semi circle. Also, upper and lower portions of the qtr panels are not symmetrical.

Or - you can just buy a set from me for $75 including shipping within the USA :cheers:

I see that you are pretty new to the site here so if it makes you feel better, do a search for my name and you'll see some feedback on my work.

Good luck no matter which direction you choose. :thumbup:

Thank you!!!!!!!! That should help alot! Just what i was looking for!

By the way................Ive been here longer than you! :toothy10:

i wish you were closer, do you paint other cars, this one needs paint bad, nice job

71 Demon 340 (48).jpg

Read through this post and thought to myself, I would probably just buy a set from Gary.... then I looked closer at you user name. Pretty good, I like it, DO IT YOURSELF OR PAY.

Looks like your doing a great job so far on the stripes, keep up the good work!!

FWIW, i'm thinking of going to a shop, to have the hood blackouts done in a 3m wrap, to get me by untill the resto begins. your hood stripe looks perfect, you do know the cowl was originaly painted black also..

FWIW, i'm thinking of going to a shop, to have the hood blackouts done in a 3m wrap, to get me by untill the resto begins. your hood stripe looks perfect, you do know the cowl was originaly painted black also..

That picture was taken right after i put the hood on after painting it. I lined it up, closed it and then taped off the cowl so everything would line up. Its painted now.

Eventually in a year or two(or three or four) i want to take the car to someone and have it re painted and to fix some of my body work. Ive been working on this project for 8 years. It was almost totally rusted out. had no engine or trans........... pretty much a basket case. I put in quarters,floorpans,doors,fenders,hood. But hey.......the trunk lid is still the same!!!!!

-
Back