-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mopar204

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
looking for a 71 340 dart/demon sway bar for sale. Can't find aftermarket so I'd figure I'd try here. I know I'm not suppose to ask for more than one part in one thread but I also need a cowl vent panel which is also not made aftermarket. If you could help I'd REALLY appreciate it, thanks

I have the cowl vent patch if you can post a pic of the damaged area you want to replace. I am pretty sure I have a spare swaybar and associated parts do you need the mounts, end links, and lower control arms also?

The OEM swaybar for this model is quite the limber timber. It or any beats the heck out of no sway bar. For a basic street application, OEM grade shocks, swaybar(s), etc.. works.
Aftermarket bar kits are available. The performance brands are quite expensive but they are designed for curve carving handling, which includes many other suspension part upgrades to take full advantage of it ( get you moneys worth ).
Want a bit better than the OEM yet more affordable than road race grade suspension? OEM front swaybar, weld in subframe connectors, then any affordable rear sway bar, and some good shocks like Bilstein for example. Happy moparing

hellwig has a 1" bar for early a bodies but I don't know if it fits late a's its a complete bolt on package

I would need the whole cowl vent panel right from pillar to pillar. Would would you recommend for front sway bars. I want some decent handling for an old car. Was missing the sway bar anyways so I'd figure I'd go with stock

is that the outer part of the cowl panel in between the hood and the windshield or the under side where the heater box and the fresh air bolt to? the outer part I know I have in nice shape the underpart I will have to do some looking/remove heater boxes air door etc to check condition

The swaybar snaphoo is at the end links. The factory bar attached at tabs welded right behind the lower ball joint. And this conflicts with disc brake upgrades. There are ways to work around that though. Anyway... the question remains, Do you have those tabs to attach the OEM bar?
Aftermarket bars include tabs for end links. Most of those attach at lower shock through bolt.

This makes sense then. The sway bar was removed because of the disc brake upgrade. So the only other option is the aftermarket

This makes sense then. The sway bar was removed because of the disc brake upgrade. So the only other option is the aftermarket
NO NO NO. Although you still don't answer a simple question, I'll assume you do have the swaybar tabs welded on your OEM lower arms. There are 2 different methods of work around and make the OEM sway bar work with the later model disc brakes. Most common... Switch spindles and calipers left and right so the caliper sits at rear of instead of front of. Opposite of how factory placed these. Only additional part is longer brake fluid hoses, F-body sourced.
Other method of work around ( when we don't want to take a bunch of stuff apart ) is very short end link kits attached below the mounting tab instead of above like factory placed them. The end link assembly being so low will be more subject to damage should you hit some road hazard.

that's cool two ways around when switching to big bolt pattern disks, I learned something today, the factory sway bar stuff does work with Kelsey hayes four piston small bolt pattern disk brakes

Sorry I mis read your simple question. I understand what you're saying and I'll take both options in to consideration when decided what I want to do. Thanks for your help

You're welcome. I personally wouldn't switch the spindles and calipers left to right until I needed to replace ball joints, arm bushings, etc...
The short underneath end link assembly is easy to do now and undo later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back