71 Demon

-

eschroeder1

A-body Freak
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Restoring a 71 Demon 340 and had a couple of questions for the experts.

(1) Adding a set of original remote bullet mirrors. Where do I drill the hole in the driver's side door to mount the adjuster lever and how do I route the cables inside the door to avoid having it interfere with the window operation?

(2) Are the hood hinges supposed to have a lot of play in them. I can wiggle them from side to side from 4-6 inches?

Thanks,

Eric

Not an expert on A-Bodies (yet) lol but I think that hood hinges should be pretty tight. Elaborat on what you said, I'm not entirely sure what you mean

Yes the hinges flop without the hood bolted on. The mirror cable is routed and held down with a clip so it won't get bitched in the window track

Yes the hinges flop without the hood bolted on. The mirror cable is routed and held down with a clip so it won't get bitched in the window track
Yup, with the hood off, the hinges will move right/left a lot but shouldn't move up and down more than a fraction or the holes in the hinge or pins on the car are worn. The correct LH mirror should have a long cable the get routed around the front edge of the glass and is held in place with cable clips so it doesn't get tangled or pinched.

-
Back