71 dodge charger project

-
I had one in the late 70's. 71 SE but mine didn't have that interior but it did have the hidden headlights. Cool touch. Mine was red with a black half top on it. Drove like a Imperial but only had a 383/2bbl carb. Wife at that time loved it until she drove it. Said she couldn't see out the back window to back out with it. Never drove it again. 100 mph felt like I was running 50. Great car. Good luck.

71 Chargers are one of my top 3 Mopars of all time, your seem to be in fair shape, a little rust in some bad areas, but pretty good. Do the headlights still open?

:dontknow:
this wait should be wort it
i think it will
then i can get started on teh drive train
i got every thing sitting here waiting for her return

idk spike
im just gonna take a day off and go check on it im person
maybey see if i can help out a little bit.
the missing my car stage is relly starteing to kick in
should be 100% worth the wait.

change of plans
looks like its goin in flat black
will look a relly mean looking street car tho
im gonna put my 340 and built 727 out of my duster in it
drop the front
get a go wing for it and tint the windows and drive it till the wheels fall off

the car is finaly back in my hands now.
its getting new brakes tommaro
i got it home put a tank of premium in it and it fired right up.
340 should be in bye the end of next week so i can drive it as is take it to Ga and do body work along the way
its already in the shop and up of the lift
glad to have it back

So if your doing the body work does that mean toby didn't get it done. Hope everything is ok there. Still post up some pics of it anyway we all forgot how it looks lol.

well its got less paint now and more rust :/ but ill take care of it. im not worring about body work right now.just sandin gall the rust and fillin gthe pits and shoot some primer it got new brakes today so im just gonna put it back togather and drive it once i get all moved again. the 340 is going in it this weekend then itl get tags and insurance and ill be rolling around all joe dirt style/ im not that mad about it or anything i just want to have a cool car liek you guys. im just gonna start doing all my own work now.

it took my 2 days to complety have the car sanded don and in primer.
time for drive train work now.

paint!.jpg

Looks mean..... ( The car ,not you ) !!! When I was in high school I had a friend who had a 72 Charger with a built 440..... The car had like 2.76 gear in the rear and would fly on top end !!!!! SCARY !!!!!

looks bad a$$, i like sinister black primer. Makes me wish i woulda kept my 72 charger and fixed it up......the only car i have ever sold and of course i regret it. Nice to see another supporter of lamb of god too

She has some potential, I'm restoring a 1970 duster, registered as a 71 :/ (wtfe) and a 1975 duster... I know where quite a few challengers and roadrunners are in kansas but your looking at 6000 a pop and they are far from this chargers condition.. i also know where an AAR Cuda` is but you can throw watermellons threw it and its not worth what they are asking..

im molding a six pack scoop into it bc i cant find a power buldge and a go wing as sone as i get the extra money

-
Back