71 Dodge Demon

-

Marko

Reaction score
Hey everyone i'm new here ! from B.C Canada and this is my first car resto/ first mopar...Been held up for about 9months so far with life and busy work but hoping to get a good start on this in spring and finishing the body work and painting it! Have a 360 with a 4spd -833 and a 8 3/4 Sure grip rear...Car was an original 318 4spd car...Has lots of work to go but i'll hope to get it done when weather is good :D I have the floor pans for the front and the driver side is preped ready for welding in the new floor pans..I have to do the Rockers on both side, the Passenger front floor, The rear quarters and The trunk and the Drivers side door jam. Rest is touch up work. The frame seems ok needs some good cleaning and i may have to replace the rear behind the shackles...And maybe the rear tail section.. So Lots lol but its a project i drove home when i got so that was pretty nice :D with a strong engine. I am a beginner at most of this i've done some body work on a 4 runner but never a car so its gotta be that much better this time. But i Did paint to so it at least is nothing tooo crazy. I find if someone can tell me a way to do something i can do it i ahve the ability but its the experience and knowledge is what i'm still gathering :read2:

100_0235.jpg

100_0233.jpg

100_0461.jpg

Cool car. Demons are neat rides.

Looks like you have a 72 drivers fender on the car (marker light).

Good luck with it and welcome.

I don't think its the right marker light lol should be inward on the car. i think?

Welcome from Saskatchewan:cheers:
Nice looking ride you've got there.....I've got a '72 Demon 340 4 speed project that is next in line to get worked on.

Welcome to FABO Marco, where abouts in BC are you? Looks like a good project, good luck with it, and don't be afraid to ask lots of questions here, someone here will always be able to answer it for you. As for the marker lights, the 70 and 71 are in the fender, the 72 is how yours is.

lol sounds like i need some new marker lights :-D I have them both out because my car looks like this currently

100_0450.jpg

hey heres a side shot of the back when i bought it :) The side markers are inset on the back thats why i figure they had wrong ones in the front...but maybe they cant be changed and i have wrong fenders ??

100_0146.jpg

I think where he was going was if the quarter panels had the flush mounted markers, it was more than likely a 71 with 72 fenders. I have seen that a few times around here (people putting 72 fenders on 71's and 72's) Dont really know why.

what were you looking for with the back marker light??

He was probably verifying the year of your car. Someone has changed the front fenders - otherwise they would be recessed like the rear. Most likely a prior wreck.

Looks like a fun project. Welcome to the board.

Yes, Marco, both 71DartGuy and 70Duster440 are correct, I was only trying to figure out the year of the car. If the back marker lights were externally mounted (or however you want to say it) than it could possibly be a 72, but someone had changed the front grille making it a 71. But since the rear markers are internally mounted, its more than likely someone changed the whole front fender than just changed the marker lights, they possibly started to rust out, or were banged up a little at one time. Just be happy they changed the fenders and didn't fill them with bondo and then paint over them.

Lmao they did do that to the bottom Rockers / rear fenders tho...They were the "Rivet" rather than weld kinda guys i think...Trunk spare is riveted in and same as a patch panel on the inner front fender on the drivers side along with bondo to "pretty it up" lol one of my projects after the front floor :-D think i will sand blast the front and finish it off then work backwards...Thats the biggest thing i see is if ya get lost with starting in to many places at once it becomes a never ending story lol.

Oh and a question the front fenders have the pot cast ends on the front of the car do people put them back on and bondo them making them look like a 1 piece fender or put them on afterwards??

No pics but bought a A-833 4spd with OD(or could be a regular one but guy i bought it from said something about OD) just waiting for bellhousing and might weld in my floor this weekend if its above freezing in the shop! lol

This long and only this far...Well lots has happened since i started..I did get my tranny for it now but have no Bellhousing yet. But G/f got into an accident with my truck and i spent the summer putting a new cab and rewiring and what not to get it going again...So this is only a bit of the front end cleaned up...hood closed cus there s so much junk on it! Thinking of taking it in here to get it cleaned up a bit but may be all me...lol
100_2321.jpg

Its been a while since i've posted...Well since then i've passed the car to a auto body guy i know who's starting off his own business into this and so its kinda cool seeing progress actually happening! will update as it goes
100_2464.jpg
100_2467.jpg
100_2463.jpg

100_2466.jpg

-
Back