'71 Duster $40,000 (not mine)

-

dibbons

Reaction score
No thanks.

1971 plymouth duster for sale by owner - Missouri City, TX - craigslist

Duster.jpeg

Huh, a ‘71 with a ‘73+ front clip? Usually see that go the other way. Not really enough pictures or details to really get into it beyond the fact that it’s definitely not a $40k car.

Huh, a ‘71 with a ‘73+ front clip? Usually see that go the other way. Not really enough pictures or details to really get into it beyond the fact that it’s definitely not a $40k car.
They'll sucker somebody in.

Reminds me of that member who bought a Duster same color and poured in all kinds of money to straighten it out. Then ended up selling it.

Reminds me of that member who bought a Duster same color and poured in all kinds of money to straighten it out. Then ended up selling it.

I mean I can see how someone might have $40k into that car. But as we all know that doesn't mean it's worth $40k.

Hard to say how outlandish the price is though without a lot more detailed pictures and a better description of what's actually been done to the car. Like ok, it's got a 360/727 in it, fresh paint and a later front clip on it. All that means so far is that it's not numbers matching and has less desirable bodywork. Could be a 600 hp 360 or a 200 hp 360, and the paint could be show quality or it could be a bondo bucket. New interior but no pictures of the interior. Didn't even acknowledge the later front clip, like was that the owners preference? Or was it wrecked and that was just the easiest stuff to find?

Way more questions than answers. Could be a really nice car, but there's no way to tell that from the ad. But even if it is a really nice car it's not a $40k car with non-matching numbers, the later front end, etc.

Why would you ruin a nice '71 by putting the ugly *** '73 clip on it:realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy:

-
Back