71 duster fender question

-

71340Duster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Can anyone tell me if a 70-72 Duster fender would have come with a chrome strip down the side? I purchased this fender, it's shipping to me now, and I noticed the strip after I bought it, it was said to be for a 71-72 Duster or Valiant. I guess my concern is if this fender is not off of a duster and has some slight differences in the doghouse. I tried to research this but couldn't come up with anything, thanks.

Dart would not have the same fender since it has an extension in the front where as the duster does not

RyanUpdike70 and 70aarcuda,
Thank you for the info, I believe it's going to need to be welded, that's okay, bought it off this site and was advertised as Duster 71, I realize about the side marker, made that mistake already, fortunately the guy took it back, honest mistake he thought they were the same. Should be good to go, just never have seen a Duster with the trim, new to mopar, thanks a lot.

70 71 duster dart valiant is all the same fender i belive the 72 fender has different side markers light post a pic if u can

Sorry man, you are wrong in many ways here.
The 70 & 71 Dart and 71 Demon fenders are the same. 1972 Dart & Demon do use a different fender due to the side marker design change.
70 & 71 Duster and Valiant used the same fenders. They are NOT the same as any Dodge fender. The 72 Model is again different due to the side marker lense.

Finally, if there are any bodyside moldings, they can be removed and the holes welded over.

-
Back