71 duster fender Questions

-

Wizard

Reaction score
Will a 72 or 73-74 duster fenders fit a 71 duster? What are the differences? is the outside of fender of 72-74 same style as 71. Want it to look like a stock 71 duster. What interchanges?

To add to that. I believe the early side marker lights are in the fender and the later ones are on the outside of the fender.
yes, that is correct. Is there any difference in the out body lines or flares on the wheel well openings or the inside where it mounts to front of header panel/radiator area? Light housings?

Is a bolt on except for the grille and headlight bezel area, the 70-72 grille and bezel will not fit properly.

There two different style fenders in 70 Early and late the headlight areas are different. Early take 69 headlight rim hardware late is the same hardware as all. The 71 fenders have holes in the fascia for the hood pins. 72 are the same as late 70 except for the marker lights 70-71 are flush mount markers 72 and later up to 76 take the same style they are plastic that just need holes in the fender there is no recessed lip.

73-76 are all the same what they are missing that is on 70-72 is the upper grille support mounts. Other then these items mentioned they all have the same body lines and wheel openings and fit from 70-76. The most significant difference is the upper grille support mount brackets for the 70-72 grille header.

There two different style fenders in 70 Early and late the headlight areas are different. Early take 69 headlight rim hardware late is the same hardware as all. The 71 fenders have holes in the fascia for the hood pins. 72 are the same as late 70 except for the marker lights 70-71 are flush mount markers 72 and later up to 76 take the same style they are plastic that just need holes in the fender there is no recessed lip.

73-76 are all the same what they are missing that is on 70-72 is the upper grille support mounts. Other then these items mentioned they all have the same body lines and wheel openings and fit from 70-76. The most significant difference is the upper grille support mount brackets for the 70-72 grille header.

69 Headlight rim hardware from what? Never seen a 69 Duster.

69 Valiant has the exact same front end except grille and hood. I have used the grille in 70-72 Dusters, they look cool!

There are two different fenders on 70's The early fenders take shorter plastic inserts the same as a 69. The headlight bucket area was the same part as a 69 in the early 70. Then they changed them. I don't only interchange fenders . I drill them apart and build them as needed. We bought our first new Duster in 1971. I still have one of the Sassy grass green doors.

Yes you can put 69 grilles in a duster. But the plastic inserts the hold the headlight rim are different.
Check I believe page 3 or 4 on this thread. I am rebuilding a 71 fender

Finally paint

The fenders below One is a early 70 taken from the Red 70 duster in the thread same as 69's . Notice the difference compared to the brown 71 Fender same as a late 70. Different depth and angle If you use the 71 Hardware on a early 70 fender the headlight rim will not be at the correct depth. and the screws are at a different angle. There are times when I also thought I knew everything and I learned with Mopars there are some strange things we learn everyday.

So know how sure are you? Pictures do not lie!

DSCN1617.JPG

DSCN1618.JPG

Oh Yeah, I have a lot of fenders if you need more pictures 69 through 73.. I drill them apart and make what I need.

-
Back