71 Duster with 360 block big cam

-

Vonspire71

71 duster408
Reaction score
My father and i purchased a 360 with a 904 and have no build sheet and owner had no idea what was in it.. It supposedly had been rebuilt and it has a purple cam in it but have no idea what size or if the motor has been bored over etc.. It starts and sounds very radikal. But our main issue is an Ignition electrical problem and the tranny is spewing fluid out of dipstick.. i replaced o ring and it didn't stop then bought a lokar dipstick for tranny and it doesn't seem to sit flush when sliding it into tranny so i haven't tried to see if it will now leak again.. i just thought to ask questions before sealing tranny pan and filling it with fluid just to find it leaking again,.. I would really appreciate anyone who has had this problem before to lend out some advise or resolve.. My name is Randy

is the trans leaking while it runs or not running?

remove valve cover and look at rockers...are they adjustable or non-adjustable..

and what is your ignition problem?

It leaks when running or not.. and i mentioned the lokar dipstick i mounted but haven't yet tested i just don't want to have to go through placing tranny pan and fresh fluid just to find it leaking again..ignition problem is that i have to hot wire coil to battery to start..I figure the hot wire from block on firewall must be broken as it does have a butt connector between it already..I appreciate the quick response

Thanks
Randy

so the engine will not start or crank with the key?

if you turn the key on ..do you get power at the + of coil?

It has a push button start mounted on side and is the way to start motor. I would really like someone to come take a look at our problem and just meet some other plymouth enthusiasts.. My father used to have a 71 340 car back in the 80's but was in a accident and took it to the scrap yard with motor and tranny DAMMIT oh and dana 60 yeah so i bought this slany six car and tossed a 360 we bought on craigslist 2 years ago and we still don't have any info or what it has just that its radikal and it spews tranny fluid out from dipstick base

-
Back