'71 Hemi Cuda

-
In the current market and my opinion only that's a 400K car MAX.

Nice car that's for sure.

In the current market and my opinion only that's a 400K car MAX.

Nice car that's for sure.

i agree. but even at that price, its still 385,000 more than i could afford.

good meeting you last week. we'll do it again sometime.

i agree. but even at that price, its still 385,000 more than i could afford.

good meeting you last week. we'll do it again sometime.

Yep, I'll stop by if I'm in town again... Maybe I can find the place next time.

BTW, I got lost heading back to Macarthur/580 because there were no stinking street signs that could be read. Luckily a really hot woman in a Toyota PU pulled up next to me and got me straightened out...

Yep, I'll stop by if I'm in town again... Maybe I can find the place next time.

BTW, I got lost heading back to Macarthur/580 because there were no stinking street signs that could be read. Luckily a really hot woman in a Toyota PU pulled up next to me and got me straightened out...

And just how much did that "straightening out" run you? =P~

If this car was NEVER altered with the exception of the oil filter, oil, etc, why are there several small screws in the engine compartment next to the front hood bumpers/supports? I know it really doesn't make a difference, but they had to be fiddling with something if screws where left there.

If this car was NEVER altered with the exception of the oil filter, oil, etc, why are there several small screws in the engine compartment next to the front hood bumpers/supports? I know it really doesn't make a difference, but they had to be fiddling with something if screws where left there.

the screws are what hold the upper shaker hood piece to the base. they were taking it off to show the carbs.

It wont sell, He wants a million for it. I think were going to see the market on these cars drop a bit for a while. B and E bodies will level off, Hemi and 6bbl cars will drop in price and A bodies will go up a bit.

I also think you will start seeing more stock restos and less modified (or heavily modified) on A bodies, including slant 6 and 318 2bbl cars.

Daaaammm! Nice car. Are there two manual choke levers under the dash, or is the other red lever for something else? You can see the two levers in the long console pic.

If I was one of the fools that paid three or four hundred thousand or more for a hemi cuda at BJ in the last few years I would be bidding that car through the roof just to get people talking about it. And if you don't pay for it all they can do is give you one negative feedback.

I've been in '70 Hemi 4 speed Roadrunner more than a few times during a "hot lap" on the highway. The guy that had it bought it for $1000 in 1981. I was a Buick guy at the time but had a cruising buddy had a '68 Superbee (his little brother had a six pack '70 Charger) and his dad the the Hemi car. I raced him all the time at the track. It was a cool time that is for sure.

Chuck

Neither have I Ramcharger but I have driven in several very nice clones and I will say this ... it doesn't suck. :cheers:

I'll bet it doesn't you lucky dog! :grommit: I've never had a chance to cruise in a clone either.

I've been in '70 Hemi 4 speed Roadrunner more than a few times during a "hot lap" on the highway. The guy that had it bought it for $1000 in 1981. I was a Buick guy at the time but had a cruising buddy had a '68 Superbee (his little brothe had a six pack '70 Charger) and his dad the the Hemi car. I raced him all the time at the track. I was a cool time that is for sure.

Chuck

Very cool Chuck. My brother in law had a jet black '69 Road Runner 383 4 speed when I was in high school (very early 80's). The car would dip into the 11's with slicks which, as you know, was way fast back then for a street car.
The sound of that car is what really got me into Mopars.

Another friend had a 340 'Cuda, a 70 or 71 IIRC, and my dad had a big *** 70 Fury. Most everyone else in school had Chevelles and Camaros except for one guy who had a real Superbird, never rode in it though as he wasn't in the same crowd.

Did you all see the one on Barrett Jackson last month with only 54 miles on it or something ridiculous like that? It sold for $500K It was identical to this ebay car. Might even be the same one??????

Can honestly say that I haven't ridden in an original HEMI car, but I have ridden in an original 440 6-pak Challenger FULLY restored and was probably the ride of my life. Not the fastest or best acceleration car I have ever been in, but just to be in a BONE STOCK car that has that kind of performance made me feel like I was back when the car was new. BTW Did I mention this car was only a 2-owner car, my bud that is the current owner bought it when he turned 16 in the mid 70's. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL piece of machinery...we should all be so lucky!!!

I remember reading the article about that car in Mopar Muscle. Wow, let`s hope E-body Hemi cars don`t go the way of the Beanie Babies!!!

Bidding went up to 849,600 and did not meet reserve. Car never sold. He should have took his 849K and ran like hell. I think the bubble has burst.

I bet even if he lowered the reserve he never would have been paid the $850,000.

Hemi cars were selling on BJ for $100,000. Thats what a quarter of what they were bringing last year ? POP, sorry guys. To late to cash in.

I bet even if he lowered the reserve he never would have been paid the $850,000.

Hemi cars were selling on BJ for $100,000. Thats what a quarter of what they were bringing last year ? POP, sorry guys. To late to cash in.

The silver lining is that our A-bodies are going up. The 68 Formula-S BB 4spd. brought 70K. YES!:cheers:

This car was in Mopar muscle magazine, very good article. They figure this is the very best example of how a 71 hemi cuda looked when it came of the assembly line, in the world. Completely untouched so the article says. The reason he parked it was because he was scared of it. I wouldn't mind being scared of that car.

-
Back