-
Status
Not open for further replies.

ellococt

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
im looking to sell this car for ive put in about 3 grand into it and i still cant get it to run right

Rebuilt Slant Six (Brand new everything gaskets,pistons,valves,springs,and so on)
New Spark Plugs
New Spak Plug Wires
New Coil
Re-Cored Radiator
New Ac Compressor
Rebuilt Holley 1920
Electrician Fixed all Lights, Signals, some of the internal dash lights, still need to get the parking brake light fixed
New Front Disc brakes rotors were turned
Rear brakes everything was changed
New Master Cylinder
Has 90% tread on tires
All original Seats and backseat some tears
Dash needs to be replaced
Cars Plates are paid but havent been able to get the new tags for it didnt pass the brake and light inspection because of the emergency brake light not turning on in the cluster and the emergency brake had to be adjusted
Car starts and idles fine but when you start driving it it sometimes dies as your driving it.
Overall im going to school and dont have a car right now im looking to get $2000 Dollars so i can get a car to go to school (wyotech)

DSC01720.jpg

DSC01721.jpg

DSC01723.jpg

DSC01724.jpg

DSC01725.jpg

DSC01726.jpg

DSC01728.jpg

DSC01731.jpg

DSC01732.jpg

DSC01733.jpg

Sorry to here you are selling. Good luck to you with it and good luck at school. Mabby when you graguate you can start over again.

Yeah i did it backwards i was suppose to get a running car first lol but no worries i might be getting a good tax return so if i do ill pull the ad

Sorry to here you are selling. Good luck to you with it and good luck at school. Mabby when you graguate you can start over again.

No when your driving it straightaway foot on gas pedal maybe 2/4 of the way car just boggs down im thininking its a clog somewhere in the fuel system

Let me guess, it usually stalls when you are going around sharp corners...

No when your driving it straightaway foot on gas pedal maybe 2/4 of the way car just boggs down im thininking its a clog somewhere in the fuel system

I live in Cypress, CA and I have had some experience with the Carter and Holley two barrel carbs. It sounds like you need some carburetor adjustment. PM me with your phone number and maybe I can come out and sort it out for you so that you don't have to sell it.

Art

I thought it might be the infamous slant six carb issue but that's obviously not it. I had a similar issue recently with my truck and it was just a piece of dirt in the needle and seat causing the whole problem. Might be worth a look... good luck and hang in there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back