71 Swinger barn find

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
cool vid, picked it up at 17:56 to show you the hose down of a 18k mile car in a barn for 5 of the last 20 years. Bumpers and rear taillights as well as air cleaner were stolen during the 7 years it was outside the barn. Abandoned vehicle, he finally got the title.

Cool video. That car looks solid the paint looks surprisingly well on the front clip!

I saw that. First of all, both those guys are COMPLETELY clueless. That car was someone's abandoned project. The "stolen" parts were removed and lost while the body shop or whoever were hacking on that wrong year 1/4 panel. It's a hacked up, miss matched peice of crap. That guy that's been hiding it for 20 years in his OWN barn, thinks he has a chunk of gold. Morons

Last edited:
Just saw it on FB through MSN autos. It irks me a bit that it is from Hot Rod magazine. It also reminds me why I quit subscribing years ago.

I’m no restoration expert , but original paint? Looks like the master cylinder got a coat.

Also did any 70-71 340 Darts come with side moulding and without rally dashes?

Regardless...ultrarare?

Could This Barn-Find 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger be one of the Ultrarare 340 Models?

It's not ultra rare, the fender tag shows a 318 two barrel/904, it's not factory paint, scoops, hacked on wing have both been added, the car is a hack job

Tail stripe is a home made looking thing, doesn't even reach below the marker light. Left 1/4 is a 72 up, wrong marker light, it's scabbed on poorly.

Love the fender emblems were installed wrong too, probably happend when the body shop painted it, they actually had to drill holes on the wrong spot to screw it up that bad!

ha ! I watched the first episode and quit... the wing wasnt there... then it was... overspray as mentioned... lots of bad info and suspicious stuff.

No way a guy that collects bikes and cars isnt curious enough to research a car with hood scoops and a wing ! BS...
Welcome to reality TV !

They even called it a demon at one point. Both guys are 100% idiots.

Yellow primer?? In what alternate reality was that ever done on a factory car? Gee, it’s under the vinyl top...so what? That top was replaced.

That yellow primer was the seal coat for the repaint, probably done a couple for decades ago.

The car isn't even close to what they think it is.

Dumbass takes a pressure washer to the door panels too! noticed the interior door frames painted orange on bottom. Ray Charles could see there is NOTHING original about that pile

Yellow primer?? In what alternate reality was that ever done on a factory car? Gee, it’s under the vinyl top...so what? That top was replaced.

That yellow primer was the seal coat for the repaint, probably done a couple for decades ago.

The car isn't even close to what they think it is.

Obviously you havent seen "Used Cars "...lol

Oh yeah, and a padded backed vinyl top was never used by the factory in those years...they were all unpadded cloth backed.

How do I know? I ran my own custom Auto Upholstery shop back in the 80s. I replaced thousands of vinyl tops that were originally cloth backed with felt padded ones back then. The cloth ones needed a perfect factory roof to look right and the felt backed ones were more able to hide the imperfections and remain more dimensionally stable on the surface. Almost nobody wanted to restore a factory roof to accept a cloth backed top when a padded one could hide the sins.

The problem with deductive reasoning is making too many assumptions about what you see and imposing your own ignorance on your conclusions. Research and understanding of the manufacturing history is required to make good conclusions, not just plausible theorizing.

Yeh saw that a while back after they popped the hood I turned it off. Could tell they were trying to hype and bs there way through it.

-
Back