71Duster Dash Pad

-

Papaduster

Reaction score
Well I’m rebuilding my 71Duster Ralley Dash n need a new Dash Pad. I’ve always heard the company Just Dashes was a good place to get my old pad re-done. Last at heard was around $500. Today I call n the guy I talked too he talked slow n he didn’t impress me when he said it would cost $1000 n up depending on my foam condition. I questioned him because I thought they completely put on new high density foam n new material. But he says they don’t have a mold to do foam n that wasn’t what I was looking for. It’s supposed to be high quality stuff with UV protection, so they say.
But at $1000 plus I’m looking into Year One n Classic Industries
Anyone have any dealing with Just Dashes or can advise who’s the best to buy from

Last edited:
I had my 1971 Duster dash pad done by Just Dashes in the early 1990s and couldn't be happier on how it turned out. It's still as good as when they redid it but the car is garage kept. Even back then it cost me $300.00 plus.

I had my 1971 Duster dash pad done by Just Dashes in the early 1990s and couldn't be happier on how it turned out. It's still as good as when they redid it but the car is garage kept. Even back then it cost me $300.00 plus.
Crazy now at $1000 to get one redone

Well I’m rebuilding my 71Duster Ralley Dash n need a new Dash Pad. I’ve always heard the company Just Dashes was a good place to get my old pad re-done. Last at heard was around $500. Today I call n the guy I talked too he talked slow n he didn’t impress me when he said it would cost $1000 n up depending on my foams condition. I questioned him because I thought they completely put on new high density foam n new material. But he says they don’t have a mold to do foam n that wasn’t what I was looking for. It’s supposed to be high quality stuff with UV protection, so they say.
But at $1000 plus I’m looking into Year One n Classic Industries
Anyone have any dealing with Just Dashes or can advise who’s the best to buy from
Hey Papaduster,

I had mine done by Just Dashes about 5 years ago.

Fantastic job excellent quality materials, correct pattern.

Stay far ,far away from dashpads that have plastic cores, they will warp in no time.

Here's a pic of my 68 Barracuda upper and lower pads. Approx 1000.00 5 years ago.

dscn4581-jpg.jpg

Thanks. The one I’m looking at buying is from Classic Industries. Steel core $329 n free ship

At the Indy show, they quoted me $400 for an A body pad. I would have bought one but they didn’t have any A body ones at the show!

Just Dashes is in my opinion, the benchmark to be judged against. I bought a cheap pad off ebay for Krusty. Good thing it's not for a real resto.
My e-body ragtop, has a Just-Dashes interior. It's beautiful.

Last edited:
I also have a bunch, Wasn't looking to sell but a good offer will get you some pictures of what I have for the price you want to spend on one. Mine are all black.

I used dashpadfactory and am happy with the look of it but it doesn't have the threaded inserts on the left and right side of the pad so it doesn't attach to the dash correctly on the ends and feels like it's going to vibrate and be an annoyance when driving down the road. I think I need to remove it and figure out how to fix that.

-
Back