72 340 Demons....How many here?

-

cdwmotorsports

Reaction score
I need to know how many are here. I have a lead on a really restorable 72 Demon 340. It needs a good deal of work but it is VERY solid.

I am asking this on MOPARTS also so if you are there too let me know that.

Dont know the total # but their arent many left thats for sure.

Yeah I have a 72, it was a /6(now 451 stroker) and I had a 71 340 Demon but sold it due to financil probs. I have this opportunity but the guy wants me to make an offer. As far as I can tell the interior needs about $1000-1500 in new parts. THe body needs lower quarters, new fenders and hood and I think that is all. I haven't gotten a look at the trunk pan yet but the pass compartment floors look solid. THe engine and trans will have to be gone through as it hasn't moved since his son died in 1985. I have ran the numbers and it is a legit 340 4bbl...240 hp Demon.

$500 always seems like a good starting point :D Thats what I usually tell people who say "make me an offer". They normally give you a strange look and I say "well what to you want". It sort of gets them to throw out a number to start with.

THat is what I am thinking, I will post some pics of it and get an idea from you guys. I am thinking no more than $1000.

I will put them on my website and add a link.

Check the frame behind the rear shackles and the beam behind the bumper,they are notorius for rust here in the rust belt.I agree with HD start at $500 or maybe less.Because your gonna need to put quite abit of money out for all the parts your gonna have to replace,so it would help to get the car as cheap as you can. :D

It don't look bad from the pix.Putting the plastic under probably helped by keeping the moisture out from under it.Has lots of potential :!: Is that your green Demon?NICE :!:

THe bright green one is just representative of the color, mine will be(Sassy Grass Green is what Plymouth calls it), mine is the Primered 72 above it. Although those pics are old it is all primer gray now.

You can never go wrong with primer!My first car was a 70 Dart drove that for over 2 years in primer because i couldn't afford to paint it.Never had to worry about scratching it,just brake out the spray can and touch it up. :lol:

BTW evil in case you took my Yankee comment seriously it was a joke.

We have only been here for 1 year, we moved from Indiana. The rust really isnt an issue here.

I have found more Mopars here than I ever found up home.

cdwmotorsports said:
BTW evil in case you took my Yankee comment seriously it was a joke.
It's cool i know you were joking.Although the rust part is all to true :!: Here's a perfect example :!:
46519942.jpg

46519942.jpg

-
Back