-
Status
Not open for further replies.

roland

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I picked up a 340 that was seized. story was it was bought out of a junk yard in '81 and tucked away for a "someday" build. well that never happened and it was put up for sale. I bought it and took it home to rebuild and hook up to a four speed for my duster. the four speed needs some stuff too, but more on that later. 5 of the bores are rusted bad, so i think i need to forget about a stock bore and go with 030 over slugs. so if anyone has a set of 030 pistons(new or used, high perf or stock) i would be very intrested in them. used parts are my favorite so whatever u have may not be that bad, l.o.l. . it has floating pins with clips, i have the stock iron intake manifold that i would be willing to trade (if local) towards them as Im not going to need it. I'm in buffalo new york. The four speed i have is an (overdrive) unit? its out of a 77 aspen. im looking for the correct trans levers and rods to attach to my shifter. any help would be great as i would like to get this thing running soon. thanks Roland.

Hey roland, Let me say that we are glad to have you here. If you already have the 340 disassemblied, I suggest that you take it to the machine shop and let them do their thing. The block may not be usable at 030 and you would be looking for pistons again. God bless, Wayne

Hey roland, Let me say that we are glad to have you here. If you already have the 340 disassemblied, I suggest that you take it to the machine shop and let them do their thing. The block may not be usable at 030 and you would be looking for pistons again. God bless, Wayne
I agree, have the machine shop check it out first,(mag, sonic, etc) bore it, then get the pistons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back