'72 Dart Custom

-
Thanks! The encouragement always helps. Yup, '72 Scamp, I love it. It's currently my daily driver and has been for a few months now, I drive it 180+ miles a week with the stock /6.

Not in the dart, I got hit driving my dad's Tacoma. Finally got it running again. I wasn't injured and neither was the other driver.

735066_10151408458640336_1191770630_n.jpg

486051_10151522639685336_1716905468_n.jpg

Haven't made too much progress but I hope to break-in the engine this weekend. Engine is full of Joe Gibbs oil, trans is full of ATF+4 and the radiator finally has water in it. Just need to recheck my wiring and mount the ECU, ballast resistor and voltage regulator. Also, the usual break-in stuff (prime oil and carb, install distributor, etc). Super excited, can't wait to hear my Mopar roar!

Cool project, I really like how your instrument panel turned out . Looks nice painted black. Not big on tattoos but the one thing that caught my eye was the rod was upside down.

Thanks! Yeah, the rod's just upside down so it matches the tattoo on my right arm.

I just need to figure out what initial and total timing I should be setting the engine at. Anyone have an idea?

Broke the cam in today! Besides a few small leaks and burning my hand on the exhaust I'd say it went rather well for my first rebuild and cam break-in ever.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAP0xI-O68Q"]360 First Start-up - YouTube[/ame]

Started on first attempt at 3k RPM and made a few pulls to 5k RPM. Ran for 21 minutes varying engine speed.

At 2300 RPM:
31° BTDC
21 in. Hg steady
14V
190° water
65 psi oil pressure
7 psi fuel pressure

Thanks to all the help from FABO members! I couldn't have done it without you guys.

This looks great! Keep up the good work bro!
Love the engine compartment and cluster.

I've been trying to keep an eye out for this thing around town, but haven't seen it yet!

It's not on the street just yet. Still working on the dash/gauges and 8 3/4. Just about done rebuilding a 742 sure grip, still need to get the housing narrowed. Also need to figure out my rear brakes...

Edit: My '72 Scamp gets driven though, you might see it. Nothing special in it though...yet!

-
Back