72 dart swinger e brake cables question

-

Swinging 72

Reaction score
I switched from a 10 in drum to a 11 inch drum , now my rear e brake cables are short . Is there a part number I can order that will fit the new 11 inch drums? Any info will help. Thanks

I make Emergency Brake Cables....
A bodies never had 11" , of course , so in all likelihood we would have to custom make them based on your originals, and add the appropriate
length, or as you see fit... But we would want to be
spot on first time out....

I put a strange Dana 60 in the rear with 11 inch brakes, I was wondering what other people used for e brake.cables. When they did this swap. What part # they used for divers side and passenger side. Maybe something that is off the shelf I could pick up locally.

I used the original cables on my 72.
Was 7.25 w 10" drums swapped to 11" drums and 8.75.
Fit like it should.

The axle didn't move, cable length shouldn't change.

I switched from a 10 in drum to a 11 inch drum , now my rear e brake cables are short . Is there a part number I can order that will fit the new 11 inch drums? Any info will help. Thanks

When I switched from a 7 1/4 to 8 3/4 mine was short as well.

Get under the car and back off the adjuster, that's what I did, and they fell right into place, then I adjusted it up.

When I switched from a 7 1/4 to 8 3/4 mine was short as well.

Get under the car and back off the adjuster, that's what I did, and they fell right into place, then I adjusted it up.
It took me awhile to get it to my house , but that did the trick. Thank you bad sport

-
Back