Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
263_11.jpg
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Here she is, a genuine TX9 1972 Dodge Demon. This is a high option honey, with high trim grade black bucket seat interior. The Demon package got you the high performance 340 4bbl, dual exhaust, 14.5" Ralleye Wheels, raised white letter tires, firm ride shocks, and white body side and rear deck panel tape. This example also sports a console, 727 torqueflight tranny, power brakes, and tinted glass. She is documented by an original window sticker...And yes, this is a fresh rotessorie restoration! She is located in Greensboro, North Carolina. She is offered at $32,000 offers welcome! Visit her Show Your Auto listing for a fender tag decode and further details or call Patrick Krook at (847) 838-3749.[/FONT]

263_18.jpg

263_4.jpg

263_1.jpg

263_13.jpg

263_14.jpg

263_2.jpg

263_3.jpg

Super sharp Demon!! But is the intake correct? Looks like a 78 or newer? And also shouldnt the engine be blue? Is it a numbers matching motor? Thanks and good luck!!

Just wondering, the car is located in NC and your avatar says IL ?

Beautiful Demon and Good Luck w/ the sale......=P~ :thumbup:

Engine should be blue Dodgeracer 43, is the car located in IL, i'm in the burbs is it open for viewing?

Oct 2009 picts 030 (Small).jpg

Looks like Patrick Krook is selling the car for someone. He's a broker, that's why the car is in NC and not IL.

Looks like I should have sold that guy the 975 radiator I had, that car looks to have a no #'s tank.
It' a very nice car, I love them in black.

To think , I ordered a 72 Demon that was it's twin except the hood out the door for $2700.00

i think it looks almost like mine, but i like my white interior and top better...

1972_DEMON_BLACK_01.JPG.jpg

1972_DEMON_BLACK_02.JPG.jpg

I am indeed brokering the car for a client. The engine is not original to the car, but correct year. As for the engine block color, I've seen orange in High Output 340 cars as late as '72. I thought non-hipo motors (318/340/383) got blue paint. No matter- looks good in orange doesn't it?
The radiator is a aftermarket 4 core radiator, an original is available if needed.

As for the engine block color, I've seen orange in High Output 340 cars as late as '72. I thought non-hipo motors (318/340/383) got blue paint.

there were no high output 340's in 72. 71 was the last year for them. compression was down in 72. 1972 was a detuned year and had blue paint....

And yes, this is a fresh rotessorie restoration! She is located in Greensboro, North Carolina. She is offered at $32,000 offers welcome!

isn't a 72 340 supposed to be blue? if so thats a ton of money for a not correct car. god knows what else isn't right.

Nice car anyway you look at it. It is very clean all around. I wish I had the $$$$$ I would be interested but I do not have 32K. Good Luck selling it, it is beautiful.

Ha! Ha! I hear ya man:cheers: Although, I am looking for a nice driver since I don't want to drive mine much anymore...you know that mileage thing and all....: )

Wow! Looks like restored some what correctly "A Body's" are starting to bring big bucks....Hmmmmmmmm...

Big difference between asking & getting. 1971 Demons are much more valuable than any 1972 and a very nice (& correct) black 1971 Demon just traded hands for low $20s. There are several nicely restored 1971 Demons for sale right now, some #s matching & some not, but all are high teens to low $20s. Spending $30K on any 1972 model is just plain foolish. Just my .02 cents. 8) 8) 8)

As an example of the market, 3 months ago a friend bought a fully restored 71 Demon 340 matching #'s 727,console, ralley dash, dual scoops all the goodies and paid $29,000, came out of a private collection. Early last year it would probably of sold for 35K.

Terry

The other thing you have to consider when comparing a $20k with a $30k plus car is the level and extent of restoration. This one was brought down to bare metal shell and brought back up to like new. Correctness can be argused amongst concours snobs, but quality of restoration and overall condition is worth something. Most drivers you can buy in the teens and 20's are refurbished or incrementally restored- even if you did buy a $15k car and sunk another $15 into it, you whould not get a car as nice as this. The car is basically free, what you are paying for is the restoration that was done (and getting it at a discount to boot). My $0.02...:toothy10:

the switch from orange to blue on the 340 is right about the last week of march 71 to first week of april 71, all 72 340's were blue.

Big difference between asking & getting. 1971 Demons are much more valuable than any 1972 and a very nice (& correct) black 1971 Demon just traded hands for low $20s. There are several nicely restored 1971 Demons for sale right now, some #s matching & some not, but all are high teens to low $20s. Spending $30K on any 1972 model is just plain foolish. Just my .02 cents. 8) 8) 8)

Its apparent to me you are not talking about a "true survivor" car.....I have seen hundreds of "restored" Dusters/Demons out there in all different levels of what the owner constitutes as restored, and as we all know some are downright laughable. These cars 70-73 Duster/Demons almost always have started life as a 6 cyl car and later cloned into a 340 car which is perfectly fine as I see it, to each his or her own. They are only original one time,they can be "restored" again & again & again. But they will never bring what a real true "Survivor" would bring, its plain common sense. Do you guys know how many "All" original 340 Dusters are out there 4-speed or otherwise? I can tell you, not many! As far as spending $30K on any 72 model? You need to rethink that one John. There must be a bunch of foolish people out there cause I have seen many 72 models sell for $30K & more. Go back this spring when the 71 Purple Duster was SOLD on Ebay for $38,000 and it was an automatic! But it is "ALL" original in exceptional condition with extremely low mileage. Yeah, I've got one of those cars and I have laughed at offers in the low 30's range all year long! I'm having too much fun with my car to sell it! :glasses7::glasses7::glasses7::glasses7::glasses7::glasses7::glasses7::glasses7::glasses7::glasses7::glasses7::glasses7::glasses7::glasses7::glasses7::glasses7::glasses7::glasses7:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back