72 demon exhaust

-

justswinger

Reaction score
I have a 72 demon with 2 1/2 exhaust thru flowmasters to turn downs i want to install rear exit tailpipes the muffler shop said it would be tight is there some place i can order the tailpipes from and install myself

its not that tight, might wanna try another shop. Anyway, Jegs has a kit for the duster/demon for a little over $200...

only problem with buying a kit is that you may need to do some fabrication since the mufflers angel and location may be alitle of from where the manufacturer of the tailpipes may have designed there tailpipes for other than that 2½" is no problem

Take to another shop. A local place ran 3" out to the bumper of my dart with no problem.

I have a 72 demon with 2 1/2 exhaust thru flowmasters to turn downs i want to install rear exit tailpipes the muffler shop said it would be tight is there some place i can order the tailpipes from and install myself

Year One has 2½" tail pipes for w/ & w/o resonator tips. They also have 2¼". That makes for a bunch of different pipes. Watch for size, side, and end to be sure you get what you want.

I got some of the same stuff when I asked around about a system for my Demon. IMO, if the car is lifted by the body, it is much easier to get tail pipes on and off of the car. If lifted by the axles, yeah, it's a little tight. Since I wanted to have the outlet look as stock as possible, I ordered the 2¼" tail pipes w/o resonator tips and am having the rest of the exhaust system built around them.

Good luck.

-
Back