72 Demon Mystery Parts - Splash shield? Guard?

-

Kicker92

Reaction score
So putting my 72 Demon back together after 20+ years has gone mostly smooth, but I have a few parts lefts over (never a good sign!)

Could anyone help ID what these are and where they go?

The second part is a single, hard plastic, with two hole mount. It looks similar to the starter splash guard that I've installed already, but I can't find any frame holes that would line up on the passenger side. There is some undercoating one part of it. Any ideas?

thumbnail_20210619_201524.jpg

thumbnail_20210619_201535.jpg

{Solved! see reply below}
The first are two rubbery seals / guards that look like a left & right. They have some road grime, so I assume its from somewhere under the car but can find holes that could line up:
thumbnail_20210619_190327.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:
The first parts are at the top of the inner fender splash shield that bolts to the fender and inner fender. Basically the seal at the very top. Not sure what the second one is...

Awesome, found it for the first set!
Below is a photo for anyone that finds this thread in a search for reference.
thumbnail_20210619_205004.jpg

Now just one mystery part left...

Last edited:
Could this possible be part of the rear wheel well? The original owner was driving with snow chains, which came loose and beat the rear wheel wells pretty bad.

thumbnail_20210620_112531.jpg

Is there normally something here on Demons / Duster / Dart Sports?

Any ideas on that one? I haven't found two holes to mount that anywhere on the car.

Does anyone have a similar part in the rear wheel well? There's no sheet metal left there for it to mount too.

-
Back