72 Demon Question

-

Mr.FT

Reaction score
In about a month I'll be at the point everything will be ready to paint my demon 340. My one question is does anybody have the dimensions of the hood stripes for a 72. I have the stripes but I wanted to know what the measurement was between the two inner stripes. Also does anybody have the height from the bottom of the fenders to the bottom of the side stripes. As always thanks in advance for all your help.

Tom

I can't help with the 72 hood question but didn't the place you bought the stripes from give you any instruction help??

I'm going to redo my stripes this winter (have so nicks etc...) and I was going to start at the quarter panel to get it correct with the Gas Cap handle and work my way forward.

From what I understand the cap was half painted stripe color and the handle of the cap was painted too, so then that twlls me the stripe needs to be at that height.

The Plum Crazy is mine a tad low and the other picture is an original someone else posted once in another thread.

Ron

Attachments

• IMG_3106 (Large).jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 269
  • 71340sidestripe.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 283
Nice Cars!! I did not receive any instructions with them. Hope someone can chime in. I took pics before I striped it, should of made a template.

Here's some close ups on the factory stripes on my '71 Demon Sizzler. It should be the same. I don't have any dimensions yet, just pics. The car has mostly original paint on it still.
I hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20110505_145.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 185
  • 20110505_198.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 189
  • 20110505_147.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 157
  • 20110505_159.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 189
  • 2011 spring 189.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 182
  • 2011 spring 188.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 189
  • 2011 spring 175.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 189
  • 2011 spring 174.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 175
  • 2011 spring 173.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 191
A couple more.

Attachments

• 20110505_166.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 195
  • 20110505_193.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 181
  • 20110505_162.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 20110505_161.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 173
  • 71 Demon 5.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 179
  • 2011 spring 190.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 186
On the side stripes the top of the bottom stripe follows the body line and tapers . The front of the stripe at the back of the fender extension is centered on the body line.

I installed many of these at a mopar body shop years back and would copy the original stripe on the unrepaired side of the car. I to have a demon so I have taken pics of stripes with measurements on many original paint demons. The best pic that I have seen on here is the one below. Do to the faded original paint on the car the rear body line is easily seen.

If new AMD quarters were install on the car or any quarter work done where the line is moved. The best way to locate the stripe is the top of the bottom stripe at the gas cap is aligned with the top of the gas cap handle. I have seen many of these stripes installed to low and they use the remaining part of the stripe on the cap. The caps were painted stripe color from the top of the handle down from the factory . Hope this helps.

Also I want to ad that the original stripes when purchased from mopar. Had the gas cap cut-out all ready cut in the left rear stripe. Unlike the repops they could only be installed in one location. And not confused from side to side. I also see many demons with the stripes on the wrong sides. They are different having different arches and widths on top and bottom.

If you look close at these cars you can see the top stripe has more of an arch behind the door. It starts out narrower but gets wider. Some repops do not do this they are the same top and bottom. Chose wisely when purchasing your stripes. I do have more pics with dimensions shown.

Note: The stripe does not continue under the gas cap opening. It just reaches the edge.

Attachments

• Picture 389.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 171
  • Picture 398.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 166
  • i11969.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 173
  • Picture 380.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 156
  • Picture 379.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 151
On the side stripes the top of the bottom stripe follows the body line and tapers . The front of the stripe at the back of the fender extension is centered on the body line.

I installed many of these at a mopar body shop years back and would copy the original stripe on the unrepaired side of the car. I to have a demon so I have taken pics of stripes with measurements on many original paint demons. The best pic that I have seen on here is the one below. Do to the faded original paint on the car the rear body line is easily seen.

If new AMD quarters were install on the car or any quarter work done where the line is moved. The best way to locate the stripe is the top of the bottom stripe at the gas cap is aligned with the top of the gas cap handle. I have seen many of these stripes installed to low and they use the remaining part of the stripe on the cap. The caps were painted stripe color from the top of the handle down from the factory . Hope this helps.

Also I want to ad that the original stripes when purchased from mopar. Had the gas cap cut-out all ready cut in the left rear stripe. Unlike the repops they could only be installed in one location. And not confused from side to side. I also see many demons with the stripes on the wrong sides. They are different having different arches and widths on top and bottom.

If you look close at these cars you can see the top stripe has more of an arch behind the door. It starts out narrower but gets wider. Some repops do not do this they are the same top and bottom. Chose wisely when purchasing your stripes. I do have more pics with dimensions shown.

Note: The stripe does not continue under the gas cap opening. It just reaches the edge.

That is perfect info.!!!!!!!

-
Back