-
Status
Not open for further replies.

alan627b

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
It always sucks when you see someone selling what used to be yours, at an inflated price and mis-represented. I hope he changed the title over....
http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/1344079404.html

In case anyone is interested, it's not a 340 car. 318 originally.
It doesn't have superstock springs, or Strange axles. They are cut down C body done by Moser with Green bearings, unless he added them later. The 4.88 pig as bought used by me and I told him at the time they should be set up again before anyone used them. The springs are the original leafs with a re-arch job.
I sold it to him about a year ago for $2300 so he's a little greedy I think!
Maybe I sold it cheap....who knows.
The rollcage was done by a professional shop as an 8 point, and the door bars and front 2 points were added later.
The rest of the ad was truthful. I had stored it indoors from 1985 or so unitl I sold it last year.
Not a bad car at all, it just irked me to see it overhyped with a little misrepresentation.
I hope whoever winds up with it can finish it right, or failing that, I never see it again!
Alan627b

FYI, I am NOT selling this or involved in the sale, I just don't want to see anyone get hosed.

A working 360 engine to be used as a platform for a rebuild, for use.

I think he had big ambitions, but probably ran into financial difficulty. I wish him good luck if he can sell it at that price, but I don't think it's gonna happen. Sometimes it happens to the best of us.
Alan627b

I found my '72 Cutlass for sale a couple of years after I sold it. I ended up talking to the guy and he was the brother of the guy I sold it to. Turns out the guy was getting a divorce. He was asking 2500 more than what he bought it from me for and hadn't done a thing to it. It needed a quarter when I had it and needed it even worse then. I would have bought it back if I'd had a place to store it. I really loved that car.

DSC00664.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back