72 duster Build progress

-
Bummer you had to take it back. I thought you already had it painted last I heard?. Or is the exterior painted already and your just doing the engine bay?

going a different direction now guys.

sold my 69 valiant grille to a member and am now looking for either a standard duster grille or a shark tooth 340 grille.

so if anyone has one laying around.....send me a pm and let me know what you have to offer. Thanks

going a different direction now guys.

sold my 69 valiant grille to a member and am now looking for either a standard duster grille or a shark tooth 340 grille.

so if anyone has one laying around.....send me a pm and let me know what you have to offer. Thanks

badlilred is selling one..........sharkstooth grill that is

To cold to work on it, only got a couple things to do to it this spring and it's done. I'm in no rush right now because I don't think the ole girl would do so well in snow haha

To cold to work on it, only got a couple things to do to it this spring and it's done. I'm in no rush right now because I don't think the ole girl would do so well in snow haha

Oh come on, wheres your sense of adventure? LOL!!!

Amazing thread! I just read all the posts with pics (and some of them without). Even just reading that much took me two days to chip away at it, but well worth it. Definitely motivating. Originally I came here to check out the quarter patch pics (saved those for reference, thanks), then realized there was much more to see here.

Great work, sweet Duster!

Sorry for not posting much recently guys. I haven't done anything with the duster in a few months due to lack of work space,time and it's just been to dang cold. And there isn't a whole lot left to do to it so I figured I'd just wait until closer to spring before I get back at it.

Anyhow.... The last time I had the duster running was back in October and I ran it out of gas and it's been sitting in the garage since. Well, I had to do some work on my wife's jeep this week and wanted to do it in the garage instead of out in the snow. So I went and got a can of gas and put it in the duster. Hopped in,turned the key and after 4 months of not being started and only 21 degrees outside she fired right up!. I love old stuff that's built right lol.

Backed it out of the garage for a couple hours while I did what I had to do but snapped a couple pictures of it for you guys!.

D64953EF-307B-4B0E-92AD-CAEA685F3B37-6638-000003D01BB77490.jpg

F0F03A28-C203-4FC7-858C-913C29A33FA3-6638-000003D011199D83.jpg

36DB9DAD-8276-46D1-8C1F-8939C7CDAEAB-6638-000003D000BEC46B.jpg

Just what we needed Jarrod, thanks for thinking of us. Have a great New Year!!!

Not a problem. Only been a few posts made to the thread by people over the last few months and I hope people keep checking in frequently and posting because I figure with it being winter time there might be a bunch of people doing winter projects and hopefully there's some info people can take away from my thread that will help them on their projects.

I figure with it being winter time there might be a bunch of people doing winter projects and hopefully there's some info people can take away from my thread that will help them on their projects.

Hey Jerrod,

I have already taken helpful tips from this thread and and my daughters and I will continue to reference it as our project continues.

Happy new year, hope you and your family have a Healthy & Prosperous 2013.

Pat

Thanks guys!.

Still a couple of months before spring but I'm already starting to get that familiar itch to get back to work on the duster.... It's just to cold lol.COME ON WARMER WEATHER!!!.

On a side note.... I have had a lot of comments on my wheels over the years ....being that they are such deep dished rallys... I figured I would mention here first that I am thinking of getting a set of craigers for the duster here pretty soon. So my current rally's will be up for grabs if anyone is interested!. I'm keeping the tires being that I just got them and they Literaly have 2 miles on them lol. But you will get the wheels,steel lock down valve stems and center caps. The wheels are super clean other than a few scratches in the paint On a couple of the wheels but nothing to bad ( look at the countless pictures of them in this thread and see for yourself). Fronts are 14's rears at 15's, not exactly sure on width/offset specs off hand but you can see by the pictures how they fit.

If they are something you are interested in send me a pm and make me an offer on them. Of course if it's a local sale it would be better so I could avoid the trouble of shipping them.

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I scored a good deal on a grille finally!.

It's not a sharktooth ... Just a standard grille. But it was semi local (60 mile drive). And was clean and the price I could not beat!. The guy was asking $250 and I ended up getting it for $100!. ( if I bought one online I would have been looking at at least $300 for a standard grille in nice shape plus a $100 or so in shipping. And a sharktooth would have ran a total of $700 to $1000 most likely.).

So for $100 for a clean one that was close to home that I didn't have to screw around with buying online and screw around with shipping... I can't complain.

No busted fins or nothing!. Super clean just needs to be repainted because it is 43 years old after all lol.

Came with headlight bezels,parking lamps and wiring harness, all chrome trim and even included the upper metal grille support ( which I don't need since I already have one... So if anyone needs one let me know and I'll give you a good deal on it).

Just wanted to let you guys know about my score !. Should be getting back to work on the duster in the next few weeks or so... So expect the updates to start coming more regularly. And I still have the wheels from my duster if anyone is interested in them ( see my last post for details).

sweet... good news on the grille score dude.. I will be looking for updates... I am hoping to get my superstock springs next month, so hopefully the buggy thread will be getting dusted off soon... Glad to hear all is well my friend

-
Back