72 Duster - Carpet Recommendations

-

Divenut

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

My daughters and I are going to dig into the interior now that Spring is here (well sort of...only in the 20's today!). We're gutting everything, cleaning & painting the floor & ceiling. New carpeting is a must since the orginal carpet has a "unique" odor. :D

We did a search online for molded carpeting and see there are many different suppliers. The car is a 72 Duster 340, originally a 4 speed car (has hump). We'd welcome any real world feedback, good or bad, on carpet vendors/sources from members that have replaced their carpeting. Fitment and quality are primary concerns. Thanks in advance - as always.

Be well,
Pat & Kids

ACC are the most widely used carpet sets, and they usally fit very well. Most places like Legendary interiors and classic industries, Years one, etc., get them from ACC. I just put a new set in my 4 speed duster and they fit perfect, and I'm very happy with them.

Of course ACC is the only way to go but you have two choices, 80/20 loop or cut pile....cut pile will have a shiny appearance while the 80/20 loop will be a lil less.....D

Hey thanks for the quick responses everyone. Much appreciated.

What type of seating was originally in your car? Was it a 340 car?

Bucket seats...and yes original 340 car. One of the PO's swapped in a 727 auto. The 4spd clutch pedal's still in the car & I'd love to put a 4spd back in her some day. On teh wish list, but you know how that goes... LOL.

ACC are the most widely used carpet sets, and they usally fit very well. Most places like Legendary interiors and classic industries, Years one, etc., get them from ACC. I just put a new set in my 4 speed duster and they fit perfect, and I'm very happy with them.

This is just the kind of info we were looking for. Many thank fanopetty.

Of course ACC is the only way to go but you have two choices, 80/20 loop or cut pile....cut pile will have a shiny appearance while the 80/20 loop will be a lil less.....D

Hmm...thanks dmoore. Wonder is the difference mainly cosmetic, or is one more durable/easier to clean up than the other?

And again, Thanks!
Pat

-
Back